DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The journey begins

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

The journey begins - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:03 am

KAI

I'm fairly sure that arrow is intentionally sticking in the ground instead of one of us...

"I believe that we may wish to meet our rescuer"

Kai raises his hand slightly, in greeting. If there is no aggresive posturing on the part of the figure, Kai will begin walking in the diretion of th archer. He will break into a jog if the archer makes no move as though to fire.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:04 am

KORWIN

Korwin, having given up on opening the chest, leaves the box to the arcanist woman and Krod, "Maybe the wizardess can open the box without breaking it, otherwise Krod... You know what to do." Grinning at his friend as he thinks about Krod smashing the chest into a million little pieces, Korwin pulls the arrow out of the ground at his feet and retrieving the other two arrows from his haversack, proceeds with Kai toward figure in the trees. Holding the 3 arrows in his left hand, feathers outward, he spreads his arms a bit wider as he walks, displaying empty hands (except for the arrows) in what he hopes is a non-threatening manner.

If necessary, I can always grab my chain, but somehow I don't think this person wishes us harm. If they did, I think we'd all be dead by now.

Whispering quietly to Kai as they approach the archer, Korwin says, "I think we should continue to move slow and steady, with no sudden movements. He may have some friends hidden among the trees."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:04 am

KROD

Krod nods his acknowledgement at Korwin and glances at Li Lass, waiting to see what she will do with the box.

Krod can smash box easy, Krod hope she can't open it.

Last edited by Leucistic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

KAI

Kai nods his agreement with Korwin.

"Your words are wise. That was quite a number of arrows that came raining down earlier."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:05 am

KORWIN

Approaching the archer, Korwin places the purple fletched arrow in his right hand and examines it as he and Kai walk, taking note of the feathers, the shaft, the tip, and its construction. He does the same with the white shafted arrow as well, trying to discern the difference between the two. After he's done inspecting them, he hands them to his compatriot, so Kai can get a look at them.

I'm sure there's some significance to the coloring in these arrows, I just don't know what it is.

As Kai is looking over the arrows, Korwin turns his eyes to the treeline, searching for other potential threats...

Surely, this can not be a lone archer. I'd like to spot a few of his friends if I can...

Search (1d20+12=18)
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:05 am

KAI

"Interesting. I wonder if this arrow has a special meaning, perhaps a code."

Kai indicates the white-shafted arrow.

Well, we haven't been shot down yet so they must at least be curious of who we are. This one person can't possibly have fired all of those arrows.

Kai allows his eyes to roam over the surrounding woods, seeing if anything jumps out at him without making it obvious that he is looking.

Spot Check (1d20+(7-2)=23)

As he glances around, he spares a glance over his shoulder to see what has become of Krod, Lilas, and the chest.

Again, Kai addresses Korwin

"So, have you ever heard of this Army of the Red Scorpion?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

KORWIN

Acknowledging Kai, Korwin says, "I thought the same thing regarding the arrow. A code, or a signal perhaps? I don't know. As far as the Red Scorpion Army, no. I'm not sure who is who and what is what. I'm still a bit dazed and confused from the abduction. Why were we abducted? Why us and why not somebody else? Where are we? Which direction is home? There are so many questions running through my mind, I'm having a tough time keeping it all together. When we get a chance to rest, I'll sort through all the facts. I'm hoping there are some answers in that chest, or perhaps this archer can tell us a thing or two..."

I hope this archer at least speaks the common tongue. It's going to make getting answers very difficult if we cant' understand each other...
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

LILAS

Lilas wings flap gently as Korwin seems dissapointed about his failure.

"Not all are made to know the mystery of magic, do not be dissapointed."

With that, as Korwin walks off with Kai, as he so introduced himself, Lilas starts to chant, and her already different colored eyes turn and swirl, before glowing deeply of a blue color, gazing at the chest with her blue eyes to detect any magic. If no magic was detected, Lilas looks at Krod, and gives him a nod.

"Go ahead and smash it Krod."

Wait, doesn't that spell Dork backwards? Well, that's one way to give your self a confidence boost....

Lilas glares at her little companion and slightly hisses at it, of which it only gives one back, before gazing back at the tree-line, perhaps she should go with them? Probably best to stay back, not give the neutral for now, people any reason to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Upon more closely regarding the white shafted arrow, Korwin notices that it's not a white shaft at all, but a tightly rolled piece of parchment. It feels just like an arrow shaft though.

Lilas detects magic on the chest immediately. The whole chest glows white.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 am

KROD

Nodding at Li Lass, Krod pulls a rock from the sack at his belt and smashes the box ((rock is 50 lbs)), picks his rock back up and holds it in his hands looking northward towards the two figures slowly moving further away. "Krod smash little box"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 am

KORWIN

Korwin nearly stumbles as he realizes the white shafted "arrow" is actually a tightly rolled parchment. Showing it quickly to Kai, Korwin dismantles the arrow and unrolls the parchment. Pausing briefly in their trek he says, "Keep an eye on the tree line please. Let's hold here for a moment as I try to read what this says."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

In fluent common, the flowery-inscribed parchment reads,

"Immediately after reading this, run west into the jungle. 3 miles in you will be approached. Follow this contact to us. We have much to discuss."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

KORWIN

Korwin shares the message with Kai, and then holds up a hand, palm outward to the archer in the woods as if to say "Hold on just a moment..." as he waves the parchment in the air.

Turning to Kai he says, "Why don't you greet our visitor, I'll run back to the orc camp and gather the others as well as any gear that may be useful, and we'll be along as quickly as we can."

Turning back to the camp, Korwin dashes off and comes to a breathless stop as his little gnome legs put on the brakes. Pointing to the tree line and waving the parchment, he quickly explains, "This arrow was actually a message! We're to gather everything we can and head into the tree line 3 miles to meet with our rescuers."

Quickly opening his haversack, Korwin puts the studded armor and longsword from the veteran inside, as well as the 3 short swords, and any contents from the box (if opened or shattered) or if it hasn't been opened yet, then he stuffs the box inside and starts trotting after Kai. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Maybe we'll finally get some answers... I wonder who these people are?
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

KAI

Kai nods his agreement with Korwin and heads towards the archer at a jog, slowing to a walk as he comes closer. He keeps his hands visible to show that they are empty. As he comes near enough to be heard without shouting he addresses the archer.

"Greetings. My companions and I are quite grateful for your timely intervention."

Kai gestures towards Korwin.

"He is returning to the encampment to hurrry our other companions along and should be here momentarily. The four of us will then head to the specified location."

He watches the archer, waiting to see if his words garner a response. As he waits, he takes in the details of the person's appearance.

Jungle. An army. Archers. Why do I have the suspicion that I have just become embroiled in a war that has naught to do with me.

Kai glances over his shoulder at the others, checking their progress.

Korwin seems pretty reliable. If the other two prove to be as competent we may be able to weather all of this.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

Krod throws the rock at the chest, expecting a smashing and crackling of broken wood to accompany it. Krod becomes confused when the rock hits the chest and itself cracks into little pieces, the chest unharmed.

Kai, jogging to the west, sees the archer on the crest of a boulder. The sun behind the figure blocks his vision but he does make out a smaller then human figure, broad of shoulder. In response to Kai, it speaks, masculine voice undeniable.

"You were told to hurry and meet me to the west. I had to come to you. The vreshka will be back in moments and if we leave now we MAY escape. Meet me where you were asked to."

And with that the figure disappears behind the boulders and into the jungle.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

KAI

Vreshka.... I haven't heard of them before.

Kai waits impatiently for the others to catch up to him, preparing himself for what promises to be an exhausting run.

As much as I would love to sink my blades into one of those bounty hunters, especially the robed one, I think I would rather avoid that confrontation for now. I do hope that they hurry.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 am

KROD

Krod heaves his rock overhead and brings it down with a 'whoosh'. His grin turns into a mouth agape as his rock hits the box and cracks start to form on his rock, slowly at first then faster and faster until it crumbles into small pieces in the sand around the box - which is still intact. Standing their stupified at the situation, Krod snaps to as Korwin pants out his directions.

"Krod run, Korwin want ride like before?" Krod asks looking down at the panting gnome. ((If he accepts)) Krod kneels down on one knee, allowing Korwin to scramble up on his back, then straightens and takes off to the west with an easy but ground-eating gait ((otherwise Krod just takes off running to the west as directed)).

How can box not break?
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 am

KORWIN

Korwin arrives just in time to see the rock break into pieces. Grabbing the box as he explains about the message, he stuffs it into his haversack and hops up onto Krod's back, careful to avoid the wicked blades from the spiked chain. Urging the spellcaster to follow, he says, "Ok Krod, let's go!" as he hangs on for the ride, leaving the ruined orc camp behind rapidly.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

KAI

"I hope that Lilas can keep up on this run."

Kai watches how quickly the larger of the pair covers the ground.

"Bloody hell but he's fast. I hope that I can keep up."

Kai secures his pack and items to minimize how much everything will bounce around when running and prepares for the three mile trek.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:09 am

LILAS

"Wait it's-!"

But it was too late, the big idiot already was swinging downwards. Lilas laughs at Krod's dumbfounded look.

HAHA what a bid idiot, wow, muscles? Yes. Intelligence, not so much. A little voice in her head says as her dragon looks in amusement at Krod's direction, before swiveling his head to stare at Korwin as he rushes into the group area.

"It's magically locked Krod, can't smash it."

"Magical Chest Korwin, gonna have to have knock spell, of which I don't have."

Lilas turns to study the group before hearing Korwin's message, without another moment, Lilas is on her way towards Kai, even before Korwin finishes gathering things up, as for keeping up? The girl easily manages this, being as small and as dexeterious as she is, she easily darts in and out between the tree-lines as she stays along with the party, her little companion flying a few inches above her, easily darting in and out of the trees that covered the area.

She has no thoughts concerning the party, they saved their lives and they were planning to once more, so why ponder on such thoughts, it was obvious they were intending them to survive, and not be captured like pieces of meat.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:09 am

KAI

As the others reach his position, Kai breaks into a run alongside them, letting his mind wander over the events that have occurred as he dodges around trees. He keeps his eyes open in the surrounding jungle, watching for signs of their potential ally... or the vreshka.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Running to the west as instructed, the group very quickly passes into heavy jungle. The going becomes very rough (1/4 speed) as the jungle is thick with underbrush, vines and tree roots. Roughly ten minutes in, the group hears a familiar howl behind them, although not close.

Picking up the pace, the group finds themselves panting as they crest a ridge, over which they find the figure waiting. Seeing the group finally arrive, the figure puts one finger over his mouth and with the other points north. Then, he begins to run, seemingly unaffected by the dense growth.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 am

Wonderful, even more running.

With a quiet sigh, Kai continues running, trying to be as quiet as possible without slowing down.

I wonder how much farther we have to go.

Kai watches how effortlessly the archer moves through the dense growth.

That is a wonderful trick. And I really wish that I knew how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 am

KROD

Turning to follow Kai, Krod easily keeps pace with Kai as they work their way as quickly as possible through the jungle in the new direction.

Krod need to find new rock soon
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

KORWIN

Riding on Krod's back, Korwin gets a chance to look around a bit, making sure to duck the low hanging tree branches.

Krod sure can cover a lot of ground easier than I can, and the view from up here is pretty good too!

Korwin hangs on, searching the woods for signs of that howling wolf.

((Inviso Castle is down again))

Search 1d20+12 (11+12) = 23
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The journey begins   The journey begins - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The journey begins
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: