DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Smithy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:39 pm

((And ... go))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:08 pm

KAI

"We've met."

Kai gives a nod to Rysmarin.

"Keeping busy, I see."

Kai takes in the room as he speaks, eyes scanning, taking note of who is here, where everyone is located, and automatically evaluating possible threats.

As his focus returns to Rysmarin, he gives him a quizzical look.

"A fantastic liar, huh?"
Back to top Go down

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:32 am

Rysmarin

As he chuckled bit at his introduction, Rysmarin feigned offense.

"Come, now! That was all true, I swear. I can't guarantee the next one would have been, but the first surely was!"

Dropping the ruse as abruptly as he had addopted it, Rysmarin grinned and nodded back to Kai.

"I am indeed a fantastic liar, though I haven't lied once to our mutual friend. She asked me to spin a tale of my past in the human lands, and I plucked a ripe one. My talents aren't limited to magic, you know."

He leaned on a wall near the forge and anvil, still grinning. Letting the words flow on quickly and smoothly, he continued.

"Since we're on the topic, you never told me much of yourself, your training, or any general specification of what you are capable of. Care to share?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 pm

KAI

Kai suppresses a wince at the question he knew would be asked eventually.

"I don't know that there is much to tell. I have spent most of my life in the city of Imprias. Not long after I left the city, I was kidnapped and brought to these jungles. From there, I was rescued by the elves of this refuge, along with others, and now try to help out as best I can. Unfortunately, I am somewhat out of my element here."

Kai taps gently at the short swords sheathed at his hips.

"I have a bit of skill with these, though I am sure there are members of this encampment who far surpass my meager abilities. Beyond that... well, I just tend to be very adaptable to situations. It has kept me alive thus long, hopefully it will continue to do so."

Kai gestures towards Rysmarin.

"What of yourself? You seem to have a pleasant relationship with the people here."

Kai thinks of the interactions with the King.

"Or at least most of them. How did you fall it with the refuge?"
Back to top Go down

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:31 am

Rysmarin

Rysmarin nodded slightly, casting Kai a serpent's glance as he spoke.

"I came across the encampment completely by chance. I wandered here from the human lands and nearly got shot full of arrows when I came too close to camp. Suspicious elves, these ones, eh?"

He grinned a bit, then paused a moment before chuckling.

"Though I suppose I understand their situation and reasons. I'm not precisely typical am I? Anyway, I wandered here from a human settlement, and once they decided I was not a receptacle for their VERY sharp arrows, they allowed me to stay and assist the many whom live here. I've been helping to repel the undead for the past few days, but before that, I simply helped with menial tasks and other simple labors."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 am

Kilia pfffts.

"Those menial tasks have been to help us in our battle against the Red Scorpion Army."

Kilia chuckles.

"Now, since you both know each other, I will go fetch Cael for you Kai."

Kilia leaves through the door, turning away from the main entrance.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 am

KAI

"Thank you Kilia."

As Kilia leaves, Kai turns towards Rysmarin.

"It sounds as though you have been a great help here."

"So, the Red Scorpion Army, huh? You haven't happened to kill any of the vreshka have you?"
Back to top Go down

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

Rysmarin

Rysmarin chuckles at Kilia, shaking his head.

"Yes, because fixing stairs and blasting the local monsters with arcane fire is absolutely vital."

None the less, he smiled and nodded his thanks for the compliment. Again keeping an ear out for Kilia, Rysmarin thinks a moment before answering Kai.

"The Vhreshka? Never heard of them, much less killed one. What manner of beast is it?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 pm

KAI

"Apparently some sort of dragon-hybrid, if their appearance is any indication. The one that my former companions and I faced appeared to be an orc... until he shapeshifted into the form of a dragon to flee. They seem to be pretty formidable."

Kai sighs.

"I was hoping there may have been one less to worry about."
Back to top Go down

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Rysmarin

Rysmarin paused slightly, but shrugged.

"Orc-dragon hybrid, eh? I don't think I've heard of such a thing, though it might not be horribly uncommon... Anyway, it sounds like a nightmare to me. I don't suppose you know anything about who or where they are, or how many?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 pm

KAI

"All I know is that there are three of them as Lordwyn killed one in an ambush. They are the Spawn of a very old black dragon named Ar. According to Cas, the dragon is dead but the remaining three vreshka are very much alive and, if appearances can be believed, in the service of Abjuran. Nar, Pisar, and Silar are the three remaining. Silar was the one that we faced. As for where they are, I have no idea. From what I saw, one seems to be a warrior, one a hunter or ranger, and the other is appears to be some sort of caster."

Kai glances towards the door that Kilia left through, wondering to himself when Kilia and Cael will arrive. Trying to keep the focus of the conversation off of himself, Kai continues about the vreshka.

"So do you know Lordwyn?"
Back to top Go down

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 am

Rysmarin

Adjusting his sleeves and bracers, Rysmarin shook his head.

"Not really. Even if a camp of elves is small, it's still a camp of elves. If one of us truly wants not to be seen, we aren't."

Satisfied with the possitioning of the cloth and metal covering his arms, Rysmarin looks back at Kai.

"And even if I have met him, I don't think I could remember now. I must have met most of the people in camp, and remembering each name is a dreadful task. Still, to kill a dragon... Or half-dragon that can transform into a dragon is no small feat, so I would like to meet him, if circumstances permit."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:36 pm

KAI

"If you have met Lordwyn, I'm sure you would remember. He's a dwarf."

Kai again glances at the door that Kilia left through, wondering when they will return.

"So, have much experience with trekking through the jungle?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 pm

After some more small talk between the companions, Kilia returns with Cael. Cael is well dressed in a bright skirt and white shirt, but everybody can tell she has been crying.

Upon seeing Kai she runs to the man and hugs him.

"Kai, we have missed you. Daddy is terribly ill and we don't know what's wrong. He seems to be getting steadily worse since the first attack."

As Kai moves to answer, an all too familiar warning bell goes off.

Kilia sighs, "Not again! We are under attack again! This is worse then when we lived in the city when the Red Scorpions attacked."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:50 pm

KAI

Kai returns Cael's hug, interrupted by the bells as he starts to speak.

"Stay with your father. I'll return shortly."

Kai pulls the mace from his pack and, drawing his primary blade, heads for the door at a dead run, prepared to dive forward if anything lurks outside. Upon reaching the door, Kai will open it and quickly speed through, eyes scanning to locate the direction of the threat.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 am

Move to the IC thread - Another Attack!. I am working on a first post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Smithy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Smithy   The Smithy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Smithy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC :: InterParty RP-
Jump to: