DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Introduction

The battle against good and evil has raged for eternity with no end in sight. Now a hope to finally finish this war exists ... in the form of a simple egg. You are in the service of Marastrianna, a mighty gold dragon and one of the strongest champions of good on the Material Plane. With her paramour, a solar angel named Uriel, the two have produced a single offspring that will one day rival the most powerful archdevils and demons. Her destiny is to swing the balance, assuming she survives long enough to reach her full potential.

You are one of Destiny's Guardians. Sworn to protect the Blessed One from those who would harm her, you are Gestalt, a champion beyond the range of any common adventurer. Choose your dual path and join others in an epic struggle against the forces of Ashardalon, Azhi Dahaka, Yamata no Orochi, and other legendary evil dragons.

The Campaign

Version: D&D v.3.5
Starting Level: 2nd
Starting Gold: 900gp; no magical gear to begin with
Races: Any w/o level adjustments
Alignment: Any non-evil
Stats: 38 point buy (8=0pts, 9=1pt, 10=2pts, 11=3pts, 12=4pts, 13=5pts, 14=6pts, 15=8pts, 16=10pts, 17=13pts, 18=16pts)
HD: Full HD each level
Special Variant: Gestalt "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."
Gestalt Rules: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm
Available resources for use in campaign: d20srd, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior, Draconomicon, MM, PHB, PHBII

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 am

I'm willing to play, wondering if psionics are available.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 am

Lemme make up a character and I am game.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:05 am

This is great. I've got two players from off site joining, so we've already got four. Maquise, I've never dealt with psionics before so I'm going to have to say no. I'm really sorry, but with my work schedule I just don't have time to learn all the rules, classes, items, etc.

In case you'd like to know, the players from off site will be playing a Fighter/Rogue and Cleric[of Bahamut]/Samurai.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am

Are flaws allowed? If so, how many?
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am

No, flaws aren't allowed. Your characters are supposed to be paragons of the humanoid races, hence your Gestalt status and being hand-picked by Marastrianna as her champions. It just doesn't make sense for such shining exemplars to have flaws.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:34 am

Ok, I guess I will have to read the variant rules. Dual path sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 pm

In that case, a sorcerer/rogue sounds interesting. I'll go ahead and make a char sheet.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Damn, I should have posted my idea first. Three half rogues may be too much, but if not, I want swashbuckler/rogue.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Oh, where can we get a Gestalt character sheets?

And I am thinking Swashbuckler/Sorceror now.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 am

You should be able to just use the Profiler on The Tangled Web for your character sheet. There's no special character sheet for Gestalts; you're just combining the best aspects of two classes into one.

Also, some notes about my DMing style:

Character Creation: Keep it plot-friendly and fair. Trust me, I've seen every broken combination there is in D&D, and I'm guilty of tinkering with most of them as well. Pixie uber-rogues, meta-magic loopholes, racial-template abuses, etc, etc. I'm not saying you should nerf your character, but don't make it so you can avoid or end most encounters in one round. Honestly, where's the fun in that?

Character Depth: While I pride myself on making dynamic and memorable battle sequences, I also try to create worlds full of deep, interesting NPCs to interact with. Likewise, I expect lively interaction between the PCs in my game. By the end of a full-length campaign, I want player characters to feel very real. Even if your character is extremely introverted, let it show through your posts, not just a total lack of dialogue outside of battle.

Item Creation: I'm very flexible about magical items. I allow for odd-modifier items like "Gloves of Dexterity +1" (1,000gp) and combo-items like an "Amulet of the Mighty Oak" (+2 Con, +2 Wis, +1 natural armor; 13,000gp). Basically, anything that the DMG has provided equations for, I'll allow. My viewpoint is that the D&D multiverse is full of inventive spellcasters who constantly experiment with the energies they're capable of manipulating. While a specific item may be harder to find than others, I'll never say it doesn't exist.

Plot Lines: My games play much like open-world RP video games. There is a set plot, certain challenges that the PCs must overcome, and an ultimate goal. Beyond that, you're free to explore the world I've made. Exploration will be rewarded with treasure & plot-related clues that will make some battles easier. I don't deal with XP, especially in Gestalt games where the party can handle much stronger foes than usual. After a boss battle at the end of a "level," the party will level up. If you want, you can hum this tune as it happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tbddRS8lQ
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Okay, so far we have the following PCs planned:

Cloistered Cleric(of Bahamut)/Samurai (primary healer/tank)
(Good BAB, Good Fort & Will, 6+Int mod skills)

Fighter/Rogue (off-tank/PhysDPS)
(Good BAB, Good Fort & Ref, 8+Int mod skills)

Sorceror/Swashbuckler (MagDPS/off-tank)
(Good BAB, Good Ref & Will, 4+Int mod skills)

Rogue/Sorcerer (MagDPS/PhysDPS)
(Average BAB, Good Ref & Will, 8+Int mod skills)

If anyone else would like to join, might I suggest a secondary healer? Good choices would be Monk/Paladin (secondary healer/tank) or Barbarian/Bard (secondary healer/PhysDPS). I can take two more PCs, but four will be enough to play. Please PM the link to your character sheets to me when you are done with them.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

I have completed most of my character sheet, with a few things I still need to figure out. Where do you want the link?
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Please PM the link to me when you are done.
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:20 am

This is the fighter/rogue, I'm having some trouble getting the profiler on tangled web to work. Or i just don't know how it works.

nevermind, i figured out where the actual character sheet is. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:14 pm

im going to assume that the price of our starting gear is subtracted from our starting gold.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm

I had a player drop out, so we need one more PC to start the game. Is anyone out there interested in playing?
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:05 pm

I will be starting the game next week regardless of whether we get a fourth. I'll find another way to supplement the group until we get another player.
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:58 pm

I might have a 4th for the game, shes only played DND once before though so you might need to work with her Yogge

scratch that, she doesn't really have internet at her house and can only get online at school. Dont plan for her to join up unless she posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign   Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny's Guardians: A v.3.5 Gestalt Campaign
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Destiny's Guardians-
Jump to: