DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gathering your strength

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

Gathering your strength Empty
PostSubject: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 am

(And go)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 am

Pelenal examines the party, taking in their physical appearance. His image is a tall, broad man with a plate of armor on his chest. A tunic beneath is white with a golden-bronze trim.
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 pm

"Say... just so we can have an inventory of our options... what are our remaining resources?
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:56 pm

"I have some weapons and some healing supplies with me," Pelenal says.

((Could I get a physical description of the party?))
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Iago is a human warlock whose fiendish ancestry is fairly obvious in his looks.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Yuki Onna is a petite grey elf, barely standing five feet tall. Ridiculously overdressed for an adventurer in a dungeon, she wears a masterfully woven silk kimono depicting a fierce blizzard in vibrant whites and blues. Her obi transitions from light blue to snow white, with dozens of snowflakes embroidered into it. In spite of the harsh terrain, she wears simple flat-toed sandals.

Yuki Onna's hair is an intriguing shade of silvery blue-grey, which is quite a departure from the deep gold or silver hair a grey elf usually possesses. It is very long, but intricately styled into a large chignon. If let down, it would likely reach below the elf's waistline. Yuki Onna's most remarkable aspect is her flawlessly smooth, snow white skin. At first it looks as though she is wearing heavy makeup, but closer inspection reveals she is wearing none whatsoever. Her porcelain skin gives her a ghostly appearance, which complements her icy, distant personality quite well.

"I have the majority of my spells still at my disposal, including my most powerful ones."
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm

"The suspense is killing me."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Yuki Onna raises an eyebrow, "Either you have a severe anxiety problem or you're being sarcastic." She calmly runs a hand through Rathnaya's fur.
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:26 am

"You say that as if there is a need for some sort of false dichotomy."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Yuki Onna smirks, "You know, sarcasm is not a foreign concept to me. Sometimes I play the game too well, however."
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 pm

"Elvish modesty, I see. Well, let's get to the point: what can you still do?
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 pm

"Cold and negative energy are mine to wield. I can control undead, drain energy, and even freeze time itself ... albeit briefly. Of course, raw cold energy can destroy my enemies as well. I have many ways of wielding the cold."
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 am

"The controllling undead part sounds like it may be useful, given what just happened..."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 am

"Indeed. Although, I find I must.. nevermind, it is probably nothing." Pelenal says.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:50 pm

"What?" Yuki inquires, "You can't just start a question and then leave it unasked."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 pm

"I simply question the wisdom of using our enemy's old arts against him."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 am

"Why not?" Yuki replies without hesitation, "A necromancer will expect the righteous fury of a cleric or paladin and plan his spells accordingly, guarding against divine energy and fiery wrath. What he won't plan for is a caster whose abilities are similar to his own; someone who knows full well the icy grip of death and is not afraid of delving into its powers." Yuki stands confidently, her icy breath making small puffs of fog with each syllable she speaks.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:34 am

KAI

((Sorry for the late post here - as Leuc indicated work has been hell))

Kai is of average height and build with long black hair pulled into a ponytail that reaches just below his shoulders. He has piercing green eyes but, other than that, a very "forgettable" face. He moves with the grace of one who is used to combat. His actions and speech tend to convey a great sense of wariness, as though everything is suspect and not to be trusted. He dresses in black leather armor, two short sword sheaths strapped to his belt (one still with the blade in it). As he stands by, listening to the conversation, he is constantly looking around, apparently more focused on the surrounding area than the words being bantered back and forth between the casters. one hand wields a short sword, the other a simple, but well made, mace. Those who are quite perceptive of the area around them may also notice that he seems to watch the two casters as warily as he watches the surrounding area.

"The lady's words make sense. Many casters do not expect to deal with their own powers, just as many do not expect a significant threat from those wielding physical weapons... at least not once they reach the heights of power that this necromancer has apparently attained. The concern that I have is whether or not he truly works alone. The wizard among the elven enclave seemed to indicate that the construction of these constructs that are used to gather corpses leans itself away from the areas of magic that the necromancer likely studies. The implication was that there may be another working with him..."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 pm

"In that case, does anyone know how to combat constructs? Their strengths and weaknesses?"
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:45 am

"Can't fly. Not very intelligent." Iago quickly lists two weaknesses that he knows about. "They can probably be fooled by illusions."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:10 am

Looking at the glass half empty, Yuki mentions, "Immune to magic and incredibly strong." Her frown speaks volumes of her effectiveness against such foes.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:16 am

"I noticed before that they seemed to ignore us. They probably won't attack unless they are ordered to or consider us a threat."
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Yogge Mothi wrote:
Looking at the glass half empty, Yuki mentions, "Immune to magic and incredibly strong." Her frown speaks volumes of her effectiveness against such foes.

"Not completely immune, mind you," Iago points out. "There's actually a few ways of getting around that little problem, or so I hear."

Last edited by Solo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:08 am

KAI

"All I know is that weapons will work on them but it is a slow and tedious process. I would much rather avoid any constructs if possible. Those spiked monstrosities are... formidable, to say the least."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 am

Good RP all. For each post you made in this thread, give yourself 25 exp. I will work on posting in the main thread shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gathering your strength   Gathering your strength Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gathering your strength
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC :: InterParty RP-
Jump to: