DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introductions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Almighty GM

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm Matt, the site administrator and DM of the Melvaunt campaign. I'm 45 years old, married with 3 kids, and have been playing DnD since 1978 or so with the 1st edition. I haven't played as much as I would like over the years, but I'm hoping this play-by-post format will allow me to play more. I hope to provide an entertaining gaming environment. If you have any ideas on that, let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://dndgw.forumotion.com
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:27 am

Jake here. Grand ole 30 (I am the old guy), married almost 8 years, 4 girls. DnDin across the universe since I was 5 or so. First Edition, then Second, still learning Third. Have fun. Any new tools people find that others might like, please share.

Jake
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Dave here, older than Jake or Matt! :-p DnD'er since it first showed up in pamphlet form, and through all the versions (except 4.0 - not impressed) including Pathfinder. I currently hold the highest mortality rate for existing campaigns Smile
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:48 pm

My name is Chris. I'm Kristov from WOE if you
are confused. I am 34 and I've been playing D&D off and on since I
was 8. My next door neighbor was babysitting and ran me through an
adventure and I was hooked, I have only played in 1 3rd ed campaign
besides Lancel's. I'm a 2nd ed. veteran.

I have played in a
number D&D campaigns ranging from suspense/horror to Xanth or Monty
Python style games. I lean more toward the prior but I always try to
bring a little humor to the table. I also find myself coming back to
Faerun time and again and it is my favorite setting.
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 am

Nat here (aka Kraggur), 26, and played D&D in various forms since the mid 90's or so. Big fan of MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing) as well (maybe someday I'll get a campaign going).

Last edited by kraggur on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added MERP desc)
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:30 pm

What is MERP?
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey guys, guess I should introduce myself now that I'm officially a part of the boards.

I will be running the 4.0 game called 'Keep on the Shadowfell.' Also, it looks like I might be joining Kosfinne's Pathfinder campaign!

My name is Jeremy and I am 26 years old. I'm currently in the Navy and both a prior enlisted and graduate of the Naval Academy. I live in Pensacola, Florida, the 'cradle of Naval Aviation' and yes, I am in training to become a Naval Flight Officer. I hope to fly in the new F/A-18 Growler and get stationed in the Seattle area, as I've heard great things about it. Not to mention when I retire I could go to work at WotC! Introductions Icon_wink

I have a 6-month old Border Collie pup named Coltrane, and he means the world to me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all,
Jeremy
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello everyone,

My names Jessey, and I'm hoping to be part ofdrtyprior's 4.0 game. I am 21 years old and in my fourth year of University studying Mathematical Physics and Philosophy. I am passionate about physics, I am just not terribly skilled with the finer mathematical aspects, so to compliment that I am studying philosophy (the other way to approach physicsfrom the theoretical angle).

I have been playing roleplaying games since grade 11 when I was talking with friends over lunch who suggesting playing D&D sometime and no one would step up to DM - I volunteered and have been addicted to the things ever since.

Looking forward to being an active member of this community and having a great time roleplaying in the 4.0 game! Introductions Icon_smile

EDIT: Oh my! All this talk about myself and I forgot the most important parts of my life, my pets! I have two rabbits, both holland lops (cute floppy eared fuzzy guys) one named Tanto and the other Casper. My last pet is my newly acquired Betta named Chi.
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:48 am

Hi to you two newcomers! Glad to see more on board!
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi everyone.

My name is Chris, I'm 27, and I'm going to be playing in the Keep on the Shadowfell campaign run by drtyprior.

I've been playing RPGs off and on since I was in middle school, and have just recently started working at a hobby store and getting involved with the RPGA community. I haven't done a play by post game before, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Looking forward to meeting some more gamers.
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Welcome Chris, glad to have you aboard. Smile
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Ahoy!   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 pm

What's up, people?

My name is Alex, I'm 19, and I was referred here by Leucistic with the offer of a game.

I've
been playing free form RPs for quite a while, and they're great, despite their lack of structure. Still, I found myself purchasing the DND 3.5 and 4e a year or two ago, and have been looking for people to play with offline since. Aaand with that not working out so well, I turned to my good friend, Google.

Naturally, I look forward to good sessions with any and all of you!
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Heyo Alex. This forums is rather small and kinda tight knit, in a way. The 4th editioners perty much keep to themselves while my group is down to two.

My campaign is Behind Enemy Lines. Read the rules (In Rules and Guidelines) and shoot me a PM or email (leucdr@yahoo.com), or IM at TrickdOutHoe.

Leuc
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Greetings   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm Justin and I have been playing DnD for 10 years(since I was eleven). 3.5 is my home, and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Welcome Justin. Hope you find something here you like.
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:18 am

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: hello   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 pm

I came here from the Tangled Web, and was wondering where to go to get started.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Depends on what you want to do. Make an introduction if you haven't already, read the campaigns, ask to start your own of MFWalsh or ask one of the DMs to join theirs.

Leuc
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 am

Just let me know what you'd like to do, and I can add the proper permissions if you'd like to join a campaign or start your own and bring some players with you.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:02 pm

I came for Behind Enemy Lines.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Then shoot me a PM and we can get u setup.
Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Heyo~

I'm Katie, 21, in college and quite new to D&D (and gaming in general).

My introduction to gaming was 2 years ago when a friend dragged me to his Friday night Vampire: The Masquerade LARP. When I'm not at school, I've played a neophyte Brujah with multiple personalities in that game ever since. At school, I've played an Elk in Houses of the Blooded--a marvelous John Wick tabletop y'all should definitely check out. This past summer was my first introduction to D&D, a 3.5 campaign where I played an Aasimar Cleric who was ridiculously innocent and had an addiction to holy water.

I was turned onto this site by user Joeshmoe and will in theory be joining the Destiny's Guardians campaign. Hope to have some awesome adventures here with y'all.
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:00 am

Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself. Please let me know if you have any issues. I'm the site administrator, please feel free to message me if you need anything. Your GM will let me know what folders he needs set up for you and permissions you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Welcome, Introductions, and Rules :: Welcome and Introductions-
Jump to: