DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dice Rolling Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Almighty GM

Dice Rolling Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Dice Rolling Tutorial   Dice Rolling Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:52 am

Tutorial continued:

I discovered that you can NOT roll dice if you are starting a brand new topic. You only get the option to roll dice when REPLYING to a topic that has already been started.

When you click on "Add Reply" to a topic in order to post, you will notice below the text window that you've got two buttons, "preview" and "send."

Immediately below those buttons you should have a category labeled "Dice Rolls."

Let's say you've got several rolls to make. You're a stone giant swinging a giant shovel that does 4d6 + 15 damage. You've got an attack modifier of +17. I'd like the post to read something like this:

Stony swings his shovel at Mylyr, attempting to bash his brains in.

Attack: + 17 =

Damage: + 15 =

Now, I'm going to look at the Dice Rolls section and take the following actions:

I know I'm going to need more than one roll, so I'll click on the little "+" symbol to the right of the Dice rolls little window. This will create another level of dice rolling options for me and now I have two windows labeled Dice rolls #1: and Dice rolls #2:

In the first window, I'll select my 20 sided dice. I only want one attack roll at this point, so I leave the number of rolls at 1. If I got multiple attacks per round or I had the two weapon fighting feat, I would change that number to reflect the actual number of d20's that I needed to roll.

In the second window, I'll select my dice which is d6, and update the number window to reflect 4d6. I hope you're with me so far, and feel free to test this out and get used to it. So as a recap, I've got two dice roll windows displayed, one with d20 and 1 for the dice and number of rolls for that dice, and the other window shows d6 and 4 to reflect 4d6.

Click send.

Last edited by mfwalsh on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://dndgw.forumotion.com
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling Tutorial   Dice Rolling Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:52 am

The member 'mfwalsh' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 3, 1, 1, 6
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling Tutorial   Dice Rolling Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:58 am

You see the results displayed in a separate post. Since that will be cumbersome and result in a LOT of extra posts, you may then take the results and edit your original post to reflect the dice rolls and totals. Once that is accomplished, I will delete the dice roll result post to keep things streamlined.

If you remember the format I asked you to post these things in...

Attack: + 17 =

Damage: + 15 =

You may then edit the post as follows:

Attack: 'd20' : 2 + 17 = 19

Damage: 'd6' : 3, 1, 1, 6 + 15 = 26

Last edited by mfwalsh on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling Tutorial   Dice Rolling Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:00 am

Feel free to test it out for yourself in varying combinations of rolls. Let me know if you have any issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dice Rolling Tutorial   Dice Rolling Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dice Rolling Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Welcome, Introductions, and Rules :: Rules and Guidelines-
Jump to: