DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After the battle

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

After the battle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:12 pm

KAI

Kai quietly opens the door and enters, cautious of what he might encounter.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Kai remembers the last time he entered the quarters of Cas and is surprised to see the same quarters he entered the last time, even though this is a different entrance.

Moving quickly down the hallway, Kai comes to where Cas's bedroom was before to find a workshop there, Cas and the white and red adorned elf sitting over a glass of liquid.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:48 pm

KAI

As Kai enters the room, he nods a respectful greeting to Cas.

"I was instructed that you wish to speak with me."

Kai takes in the surroundings, noting the drastic change from the last time he was here.

"I would also like to thank you, Vrend, and any others who were involved in saving me. I am in your debt."

Looking at the elf adorned in red and white, Kai addresses him.

"I don't believe that we have met before. I am Kai Vendriss, as I'm sure you already know."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 am

Cas nods at Kai's words, but as Kai turns to talk to the other elf, freezes in place with an alarmed look on his face.

The other elf raises an eyebrow and looks at Cas. Something seems to pass between them for a second before Cas nods again and turns to Kai.

"Kai, since you are not one of us I am sorry I didn't explain proper protocol. This is Foerian, which means priest. He is the leader of our clergy. It is against custom to speak directly to a clergymen unless you are a member of the clergy or have special permission to do so, like the king or myself, and a few others. You did not know, of course, so I apologize."

"Our clergy don't speak, fearing that it detracts from their speaking to Ilian. Foerian has told me that he does indeed know who you are."

"As for me, I wished to see you to discuss quite a bit. First off, if you wish, that trunk over there,"
Cas points at a small trunk in the far corner on top of a worktable, "contains your stuff. If you feel uncomfortable, you are more then free to change before we continue. Because of the reason for our previous conversation I have gone ahead and identified each item specifically in return for your help fighting off the undead. Each item is noted with what it does. I didn't know for sure which items you knew about, so I marked them all just in case."

"Do you wish to talk now, or change?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:09 am

KAI

"I think that I can wait to change. I don't see the need for armor and weapons while we converse."

Picking up on the previously unknown rule against speaking to the priest, Kai continues to address his words to Cas.

"Please convey my humblest apologies to the leader of your clergy. I shall remember such in the future. So that I do not repeat my error, does the design of his robes indicate his station and would other members of the clergy be similarly dressed?"

Kai pauses for a moment. (Is the priest the same elf who was dressed in red robes and stood to the right of the King when we met him?)

"Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to identify my belongings. I appreciate the gesture of grattitude, but it is I who should be grateful to you and your people for all that you have done for me, as well as my former companions, regardless of whether or not they recognized it."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 am

A pleased expression crosses Cas's face as Kai speaks to him.

"Red and white are the traditional colors of Ilian. While you will see many outfits with those colors on them, not everybody who wears those colors are clergyman. The clergy will have this design" Cas points to a specific design on the robes of Foerian, "while the remaining symbols denote station within the clergy."

Kai's memory then confirms that the elf with the king was not a clergyman, as he did not have that symbol on his robes.

"Ok, to business then. I believe I have found a way to restore to you what you have lost, although it's not guaranteed that it will work. I don't know if it will be dangerous, which makes me think that it will be, since it is just a theory. You are free to turn down the offer, if you wish, and let the restoration happen naturally. I will help you in every way I can do fulfill this restoration, if that is the path you choose. Is this path something that would interest you?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 am

KAI

Kai's eyes light up at the mention of being able to feel whole again.

"I would definitely be interested! As for any risk, well, that is not anything new to me. Most of what I have done in my life has involved significant risk. What is this theory that you have worked out?"

Maybe this will take care of whatever that nightmare was...
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:48 am

With a small sigh, Cas pauses for a second before answering Kai's question.

"Bare with me as I try to explain this. There is a place called the Plane of Shadow. The Plane of Shadow is a reflection of our world, but where everything is darker. Inside the Plane of Shadow is a creature called the Nobur. Nobody really knows where the Nobur came from, but it is a being of extreme power, able to work the magic of Negative Energy. From my limited understanding of Negative Energy manipulations, what was taken from you has left a ... hole ... for lack of a better word."

Picking up two pieces of wood from in front of him, Cas continues.

"Now, in these two pieces of wood, I have cut two holes."

Cas pushes on each piece of wood seperately, causing two distinctly different pieces of wood to fall out.

"As you may notice, the difference between the two pieces cut out are different enough that only what was cut out can go back into each hole."

Cas places both pieces of wood back down.

"My theory is thus. The hole that has been cut from you can only be filled exactly as it was before, BUT, since magic is mutable, it would be more like cutting a hole within water. The hole would always be shaped the same, but any water used to fill that hole would fill it correctly without any difference between what was there and what is there afterwards."

"The Nobur, if we can find it, should be able to fill the hole within you using Negative Energy magic that would exactly fill it, replacing what was lost. Luckily for you, the Nobur owes me a favor. Unluckily for you, the Nobur hates me."

"There are two more, smaller, problems. One, and the most minor. When and if the Nobur restores you, he can only fill the hole. Anything you do between now and then that would normally make you more is just filling the hole that has been created. Therefore anything you do will not make you more then you were before after the Nobur is complete. Not necessarily a big deal considering what you have lost and what you have to gain. Second, and slightly more pressing, is the fact that the hole will, exactly like water would, collapse upon itself, preventing a hole from being there to fill. I believe we have more then enough time to do what I suggest, but this is just a theory."

Cas looks at Kai expectantly.

"Does this make sense?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am

KAI

Kai thinks for a moment.

"So it sounds as though there is a limited time before it becomes, in theory, impossible to regain what was lost. Should the theory hold true, and the Nobur be convinced to assist, the hole would be filled with what was lost but anything that I do between now and then will, in essence, be lost to time as it is replaced with what was taken."

Kai pauses again.

"A bit disjointed in my explanation, but I think I understand."

I wonder if perhaps that "dream" was perhaps influenced by this Plane of Shadow...

"What must I do?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Cas looks thoughtful at Kai's understanding.

"Not 100% correct, but very close."

"You will still regain what was lost, unless you die, since any further learning you do will eventually replace it, but it will replace it naturally instead of magically. Neither is different from the other, other then the amount of time needed to do it."

"It's also not lost to time, as you put it, so much as that it was will be used first to repair the hole and the Nobur will fill the rest. Again, each explanation you stated had the same end results, but slightly different means."

"If you still wish to continue, Foerian and I will need to ... make some changes ... as it were. You would have to be prepared to do what you need to do and between the two of us, these changes should allow you to finish the task."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:12 pm

KAI

Kai thinks for a minute or so, pondering the risk versus living with this empty feeling for however long it takes him to recover what he lost. Then he thinks of these people who have, at least for the time being, taken him in.

If anything else happens, it would be nice to be able to bring all that I've learned to bear in assistance to them. If another attack were to happen and I couldn't defend her...

Kai's thoughts trail off as he enters unfamiliar territory within himself and he brings himself back to the matter at hand.

"I have taken risks with my life ever since I was a child. If you and your companion are willing, I would like to continue. What will be needed from me and when will we do this? Obviously, I would like to arm and armor myself before going. If possible, I should also like to speak with someone before leaving, though I understand that time is of the essence. Are there any preparations that need to be completed before I am involved?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:21 pm

"Numerous things, but all of them will be done right before you start, to give you the most time possible. Foerian and I will have to cast some spells on you to prevent you a quick and painful death. The problem arises that spells cast here, even on you, tend to act strangely over there. What we will have to do, and this is the most important and dangerous part, is cast the spells and tie them to you as an energy source."

"The problem here is that you are a very powerful and yet utterly limited energy resource. The longer you are there using these spells the more of a drain on your energy you will feel, causing fatigue and nausea. We will build in safeguards so you can willfully drop the spells or they will end to prevent loss of your life. But once lost the spells can not be recast, by us atleast."

"We think that sleeping will help recover the energy a little, but we have no way to garner the difference between here and there for that respect."

"While time is of the essence to start this part of the trip, we are not yet at the point of urgency that you have to leave today. You have time to properly equip yourself, allow us to gather the necessary components to cast the spells we need, etc."

"Now, anymore questions before Foerian and I begin?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:34 pm

KAI

"Do you have any advice on how to locate or approach this Nobur? Given the power that you have described it as having, I would rather go into this with any and all advice that I could possibly have."

Kai absentmindedly shifts the note in his right hand back and forth, rolling it around his fingers as he focuses on the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:44 pm

"Well, that might be a little tricky. As the Plane of Shadow mirrors this plane, so to does the Nobur's home mirror a place on this plane. The problem lies in that I don't know where that is."

"The good news is that since it owes me a favor you can call it forth from where it lives to where you are. When you enter the Plane of Shadow, simply state "I, Kai Vendriss, call forth the Nobur to fulfill his oath to Casuliastantinionum, High Mage of Estorium."

"Now, the bad news is, as I stated before, that the Nobur hates me. When you ask my favor of the Nobur, I am sure he will attempt to trick you in some way or you will have to be very specific of what you ask, or some other foolery."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:57 pm

KAI

Kai gives a wry chuckle.

"Cas, you have just described most of the people whom I have met in my life, prior to coming here. I will play it by ear. With luck, the Nobur will be happy to be rid of the favor. Assuming that I do indeed return from this, we will have to discuss how I may repay you for your aid. Favors such as this are no small thing and I believe in paying those debts which I owe. I cannot think of anything else to ask as we do not know how this will actually play out once we try it. If there is nothing else, I will grab my equipment and prepare back in the room I was resting in, if that is ok. That way I will not be underfoot as the two of you prepare. The only other question that I have is whether or not you know where I may find Viola. I wish to thank her for helping to take care of me through all of this."

Kai works hard to keep his face and demeanor neutral as he asks.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Cas nods through most of Kai's, until Kai talks about Viola, when he stills slightly.

"You can probably find her at her store. It doubles as her residence so she has little reason to leave."

"Foerian and I will now prepare. Take the trunk to your room, just remember to return it to me before you go. I will send word once we are ready."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:05 pm

KAI

Noticing Cas' slight stiffening, Kai hesitates, then asks as he picks up the trunk.

"Should I not be leaving to speak with her? I do not wish to violate any more of the laws or customs of your people."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:15 pm

"Nothing of consequence. We shall call when we are ready."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:29 pm

KAI

"It has been my experience that very little in this world is of no consequence, but as you wish. If it is ok, I shall return the chest before I leave to visit the shop."

Assuming that Cas has no further instruction, Kai turns to leave, pausing at the door as he goes.

"Assuming that all goes well, I would still like to hear about what happened to Korwin."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 am

Cas turns momentarily to Kai.

"We shall discuss your small friend when you return. The discussion is long and very confusing and I wish more time to examine it before I say anything."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:14 am

KAI

Kai carries the chest back to the room where he was originally quartered when he arrived at the camp, places it gently next to the bed, and then gently opens the chest and begins laying the items within out on the bed, reading the attached notes as he does so.

Last edited by Cordenmg on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 pm

KAI

Kai leaves the chest and second haversack in the room and heads to the store, walking at a brisk pace. His intention is to grab them both on the return trip to Cas' home when he is summoned. Arriving at the store, he will enter (unless the door is locked in which case he will knock).
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:03 am

Seeing a small dial next to the door from Cas' quarters, Kai notices there are three settings. The setting currently set, the middle of the three, has a symble of a crown. The top setting has a symbol of a city, the bottom setting has no symbol.

Setting the symbol to city, Kai opens the door to find himself back in the elven encampment. Quickly finding his way back to his original quarters Kai divulges the equipment he doesn't wish to take with him before heading to the store.

Stopping at the swinging door, Kai gently pushes it finding it swings open easily.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:13 am

KAI

Kai enters the store, taking in the surroundings as he does so. (What time of day is it?)
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 am

As Kai enters the shop he notices in a mirror across the way that the light from the setting sun causes a bright silhouette of his figure, leaving his features in darkness. Taking his eyes from the mirror, Kai sees that nothing in the store has changed.

Viola is not currently in the shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the battle
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: