DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After the battle

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

After the battle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:55 am

KAI

Kai will call out, just loud enough to be heard in the back room

"Hello?"

A momentary frown crosses Kai's face as the silhouette in the mirror brings back memories of the terrifying dream that he had when last he slept.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 am

Silence is the only answer to Kai's call.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 pm

KAI

With a heavy sigh, Kai pulls out the note that was with his meal and, carefully tearing off a small, empty section of it, checks casually (without going behind the counter) for a writing utensil. If none is found, he will carefully use chalk from his pouch.

"I stopped by to thank you for all you've done. I will hopefully speak with you when I return. Cas is being kind enough to aid me with something.

Kai"

(If there is not enough room to write all of that, instead of tearing the paper, he will see if he can locate a piece of parchment and use that instead. In that case, he will fold a gold coin inside of it and add that the coin is to pay for the supplies)

Leaving the note on the table, Kai takes one last look around the shop, markedly avoiding the mirror, and then walks out. Once outside, Kai walks back to his quarters and has a seat on the ground outside, out of the way from any foot traffic. Reclining back, Kai watches the fading light as he waits for Cas' summon, knowing that this may be the last time that he sees the daylight, at least for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Full darkness comes before Kai receives word from Cas.

((Meaning you have had no word and it's now dark, what do you wish to do?))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:29 pm

KAI

Kai will wander around the "safe" area of the encampment, swapping his haversacks first. As he nears the smith's house, he will see if it appears to still be open for business.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 pm

Finding the smithy easily, Kai notices nothing different that would tell him the store is open or closed.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:39 pm

KAI

Does Kai hear the sounds of the smithy? If so, he will knock gently. If not, he will pass by and continue a stroll through the darkness, winding his way slowly back to his quarters.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Kai remembers that the last time he visited the forge no sounds were heard outside even though the forge was in business. A clear telltale sign, the smoke rising from the bellows, is covered by the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:53 pm

KAI

Kai decides to take a chance and quietly knocks on the door to the smith's home.

Hopefully it is not too late in the evening.... but I'd rather take care of this before I go.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Long moments pass and Kai begins to turn away when the door opens slightly, the voice of the young elf lady squeaking out, "I am sorry, but my father is not yet well enough to take visitors and the fires are cold until he recovers. Please come ba ... oh, its you!"

The door opens more fully the find the young girl in some semblance of night clothes.

"Please come in and be welcome."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 pm

KAI

Kai keeps his speaks quietly.

"I am sorry that your father is not well. I did not intend to disturb him. I just wanted to thank him, as well as to ask a favor of him. If he is well enough to entertain a guest for a few moments, I would very much like to speak with him. If not then I understand and would ask you to pass my information and request on to him."

After a moment, Kai also asks

"By chance, is your father's name Vrend?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:18 pm

The girl looks sadly at Kai.

"My father is sleeping in his recovery from the fight with the undead. My father screams his nightmares of green gas and being unable to move as other elves are slaughtered to the point where Cas has provided a sleeping helper. He took that not long ago and is already fast asleep in his room. Even were it an emergency I wouldn't wake him, for his sleep has become precious. I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 pm

KAI

With pity at the girl's situation, as with her father's, Kai sadly replies.

"My dear, you are quite right in how are handling this. When your father wakes, please let him know that I stopped by to offer him my gratitude for his help in saving me. If I may leave some things with you, I have some finely made armor and weapons that may be useful to others within the encampment. He or his apprentices would likely know who may be able to make use of them. If not, I will leave them with Cas and ask him to pass them on."

Kai looks at the girl's brave front, remembering moments from his youth as he does so.

"I am sorry that you must watch your father go through this. I truly hope that he recovers quickly and completely."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Smiling slightly at Kai's words, and straightening her shoulders at his praise, she simply states, "You can leave anything you wish on the workbench there," she points to a small workbench halfway between the front door and the door that enters the actual forge. "I will make sure to tell him what you have said."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:38 pm

KAI

Kai places the seven suits of masterwork studded leather armor and the seven masterwork longswords on the workbench. As he turns to leave, he takes one final look at the young girl.

"Your father is truly blessed to have such a devoted daughter. Take good care of him."

With that, Kai turns and exits the building, heading back to his quarters, where he walks inside to exchange the two haversacks yet again, and then sits quietly, thinking over his current situation as he stares out the window (if there is one - if not, he leaves the door open and stares out of it).

I would love to swing by the store again, but stopping so late may not be appropriate. Cas obviously is not thrilled by my interest in Viola and I would hate to violate another rule or custom.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:43 pm

KAI

Assuming that no summons occurs, he then retrieves the second chest, the one that was never opened, and again unlocks it. Assuming that the lid once again does not pop open, he takes a look for any possible traps around it.

Search (1d20 + 9) = 12 + 9 = 21

Last edited by Cordenmg on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:43 pm

The member 'Cordenmg' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Inserting the key into the chest, Kai again hears the small click. The top does not lift open as the other did, as before.

Kai, like Korwin before him, finds no traps on the box.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 pm

KAI

Here goes nothing.

Kai gently opens the lid, ready to roll back if anything triggers within the chest.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Kai attempts to open the box, but finds it still locked.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 pm

KAI

Kai attempts to remove the key without re-locking the box. If successful, he will check whether or not the key can be inserted elsewhere on the chest.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm

While the key does remove from the box in the unlocked position, the sound of the lock moving back into place accompany's the action.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:02 pm

KAI

Kai, frustrated, slips the box back into his pack, shoulders it, and leaves to walk around the encampment again.

Odd that I am so restless. Patience usually comes easy.

Without realizing it, Kai finds that his steps have brought him back to the front of the store. He pauses, watching the building for a moment. Disappointed that the store was empty when he stopped by at dusk.

Perhaps we will have the opportunity to speak once I return. At least I have more incentive than usual.

Kai chuckles slightly.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Early morning comes before the call comes into Kai to return to Cas' quarters.

((Kai can have slept, or not, as you wish.))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 pm

KAI

After the amount of sleep that Kai has had, he will just concentrate on what he has learned and work hard on focusing at the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the battle   After the battle - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the battle
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: