DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posting Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Almighty GM

Posting Rules Empty
PostSubject: Posting Rules   Posting Rules Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Players will post a minimum of 5 times per week. If you can't adhere to this schedule, please drop the campaign. Waiting for a particular player to post creates boredom and frustration on the part of the other players and the DM.

At the top of each post, please type your character's name in all caps, and then "bold" it like so: SCHMUCKATELLI

Please make all posts IC (in character) and use the OOC thread for any lengthy out of character messages. Occasional short OOC messages may use the ((double parentheses)) within the IC post.

All posts will be written in the present tense, third person, unless there is a valid reason for doing otherwise.

EXAMPLE:

Third Person, present tense: Schmuckatelli decides it's time to stop at the end of a long day's travel, so he begins to look for a suitable campsite.

First Person, present tense: I decide it's time to stop at the end of a long day's travel, so I begin to look for a suitable campsite.

I would prefer third person at all times. If everyone posts in first person, then I need to continually review who is posting what. Be repeating your character name from the third person perspective, it helps me keep the posts straight.

Liberal use of paragraphs and quotations are highly encouraged. Anything that helps others differentiate between thoughts, words, and actions is a big plus. A suggestion, but by no means mandatory, is the following example:

ACTIONS: simple text

Schmuckatelli dismounts and brushes his horse down, removes the saddle, hobbles the
front legs, and places a feedbag over the horse's snout. That particular task taken care of for the moment, he goes about setting up camp for the evening.

THOUGHTS: italics
Wow, that was a long ride today, I hope tomorrow brings the destination in sight.

SPOKEN WORDS: quotes, or colored text, or both "Hey Buttercup, stamp those hooves for me when you're done stuffing your face, would ya? Thanks big fella."

OOC: double parentheses

((I go through my usual routine setting up camp which means no fire, and a shelter against wind or rain, with one side of my shelter against a rock wall or large tree trunk so that any enemies approaching can't get behind me.))
Back to top Go down
https://dndgw.forumotion.com