DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The aftermath

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Start here.
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 pm

"Good shooting, but you nearly took my eyebrows off with that first fireball," Iago comments casually as he tries to swat away the bats.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 pm

KAI

Kai watches the human, waiting to see if he settles to the ground, swords at the ready... just in case.

((and still invisible))
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Iago seems disinclined to settle on the ground. Possibly due to all the firepower pointed in his general direction.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 pm

With the threat of the spectres past, the elves retrain their bows upon the flying human, some advancing slightly to get better vantage points.

Cas pulls yet another wand from his robes and points it at the human.

"Come down please."
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

"Because of your famous elven hospitality?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Cas smiles without humor.

"You aren't hurt ... yet."
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

"How... inspiring. I'll tell you what, you lower a few weapons and get me a drink, and we'll talk."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Chuckling with actual amusement, Cas motions for the elves to lower, but not shoulder, their bows. With a mumbled word and a gesture, a glass of liquid appears in Cas' hand.

"Here is your drink. It comes at a cost of a tale."
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 pm

"What tale shall it be, then?" Iago asks, as he lowers himself and drinks greedily.

"Love, adventure, tragedy, betrayal, or intrigue? I've had my share of it all."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 pm

KAI

Kai fades into view immediately behind Iago, blades lowered, but not sheathed. He speaks in low, almost whispering, tone.

"Personally I'd like to hear the tale of how you have come to be here, especially with spectres on your tail."

Seeing that the situation has diffused somewhat, Kai steps back slightly, still within reach of the man, but giving him a little room. Blades still drawn, but still lowered, Kai waits patiently for the man to speak, addressing either himself, Cas, anyone who is here with the elves, eyes searching, watching every motion that the man does.
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 am

"Ah, so a tale of adventure!" Iago drains the glass of wine and hands it back. "As you know, necromancers have few friends and many enemies. One of them offered a generous sum to have a 'problem solver' remove the problem of an undead plague by 'solving' it at the source. My team devised a way to get into the necromancer's lair and I infiltrated along with my wingman. Our intel turned out to be flawed and I got captured as a result - they told me my friend was killed, but I never knew if they were lying or not, and never saw a body in any case.

I think that was about a year ago; security was tight until someone stirred up the hornet's nest and drew enough guards away from the dungeon for me to shoot some minions in the face and break out. Clearly, I could have done a better job exfiltrating unnoticed, but I guess I was a little rusty from a lack of practice."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

Cas, still holding a wand, says, "That IS a tale of adventure. Maybe you could regale us with another, at the cost of another drink, of course." The goblet the human handed back to Cas fills again. Cas offers it to the human.

((Everybody check the EXP thread))
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 pm

"Perhaps, but what of you, and your friends? I doubt you're here for recreation; it rather seems like you're geared up for a war."

Iago pauses as he examines the elves more closely.

"But I am getting ahead of myself; is it not the custom to introduce one's self first? Very well then, I am Iago Francesca, now who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm

KAI

From behind Iago, Kai gives a glance to Cas, trying to gauge his reaction to this human in their midst. Lowering the tips of his blades just a bit more, Kai settles in behind Iago, waiting to see how the elves respond... since it is the elves who are his focus (a situation that Kai is more than happy to maintain).
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:25 am

Cas motions to himself.

"My name is Casuliastantinionum. These other elves are my friends and members of my community and they can introduce themselves ... um ... themselves." ((I am not going to make up 10+ elf names on the spot!)) Cas looks slightly embarrassed at the incorrect grammar.

"The human with his blades at your back is known as Kai, while the elf who so easily took reduced the spectres to ash, figuratively speaking, is known as Rysmarin. Both are welcome guests of our community."

Cas again offers the goblet to Iago.

"Now, drink for you must be parched still. While you drink, tell us what you know of this necromancer."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 am

KAI

At mention of the necromancer, Kai's attention focuses even more intently, hoping to glean every bit of knowledge that he can.
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 pm

"His dungeons are deep and could stand a redecoration. That's about all the relevant information I have that probably isn't painfully outdated - the name he was using at the time was "Frankenstein", though he's probably changed aliases by now. The guards were human, mostly, though I think I remember seeing an orc or two on occasion. I raided the prison guard's room on my way out and grabbed some equipment, and I think there were a few maps..."

Iago starts scavenging through his haversack and soon produces the maps.

Back to top Go down

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Rysmarin

Looking on quietly with a disquieting grin, the wild elf simply listened to the banter between the others for a time, emotion playing across his face as he tried yet again to hold back his nature. After only a short time of this, however, Rysmarin grew restless. He waited patiently until Iago and Cas have both made their introductions, then produced his own.

"I am Rysmarin Monshadow of the sorcerous clan that once roamed a forest well away from here. Pleased to meet you!"

Once Iago had produced his maps, Rysmarin looked at it for a moment, then at the bag.

"Oh, but this does grow more interesting, doesn't it, Cas? A map to our necromancer-friends base... And an old embaresing nick-name, to boot! How about that?"

He grinned with an odd mixture of friendlyness and distrust that only his sharp featured and pointy fanged visage could produce.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:35 am

KAI

As Cas makes the introductions, Kai finally sheathes both blades. As Iago pulls maps from his pack, Kai's interest perks up.

Intel... finally.

Kai shakes his head to himself, supressing a smile at Rysmarin's... enthusiasm.

Kai makes a slight gesture towards the maps.

"I am sure that those could come in handy. Odd though, that a necromancer would have human and orc guards. I would think that undead would be much easier on resources."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 am

Cas nods at Kai's words. "That makes sense." At a motion the remaining elves walk back their posts.

"We should discuss this more, but not here. Follow me."

Cas leads the party members, and Iago, to his dwelling, bringing them to his workroom.

"Now, lets take a look at this map."

((Have a Happy Easter guys, I won't be able to post again until late Sunday.))
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Cordenmg wrote:

"I am sure that those could come in handy. Odd though, that a necromancer would have human and orc guards. I would think that undead would be much easier on resources."
"Would have been better for me too. Undead don't have the brains to notice a sufficiently subtle escape attempt."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:23 pm

KAI

Kai chuckles quietly at Iago's words.

"But you have made it, and to all appearances relatively unscathed, at least from your flight. I imagine that the time you spent there was... less than pleasant."
Back to top Go down
Solo

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Cordenmg wrote:
KAI

Kai chuckles quietly at Iago's words.

"But you have made it, and to all appearances relatively unscathed, at least from your flight. I imagine that the time you spent there was... less than pleasant."
"I was able to spend the time on various self-improvements, such as developing the art of the abrupt conversational segway. Now, where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:27 pm

KAI

Kai gives a wry grin as he responds.

"Why, right back to where you just left, of course."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Re: The aftermath   The aftermath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The aftermath
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next