DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Brudegan wakes to see a tiny brass dragon staring at him. From the pressure on his chest, he can tell the dragon is standing on it. "Are you dead?" Chayli inquires.

(All three of you are regaining consciousness about the same time.)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 am

Brudegan groans, "No, I'm not dead, my head hurts far too much for me to be dead." Brudegan sits up and takes a look at his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:40 pm

"Same here," Tyrian's speech is slurred. "Oh, hello Jax," he murmurs to his familiar.

"Anyone else not dead?"
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:18 am

Modis calls out from where he landed, "I think I'm alive... let me check... GAH! My leg!... Yep, I'm alive."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 pm

(Sorry guys, I've been busy the last few days. I also kind of forgot to tell you to level up. My bad. Next time you guys rest, you can do that. In addition to your usual 3rd level feat, you will also be choosing 2 skill-related feats [ex. Alertness, Stealthy, Skill Focus, etc.] that you feel are appropriate for your character. These are meant to flesh out your characters. If you don't know which ones to choose, give me a description of your character and I can help you select them.)

The three characters find themselves on the beach just north of the tower. It is dusk and rather hard to see for anyone without low-light vision or darkvision. A soft glow is emanating from the dock to the south of the tower.

(All three characters know that there is a large dock to the south, although none can see that far in the dim light of dusk. A pathway leading up the cliffside is behind the dock. It leads to the start of the ruined bridge that once connected the mainland to Marastrianna's tower. None of you know what is located further north, along the beach.)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:52 pm

"Well, we'd better move. I think we should find a hidden place to rest, where we can decide our next move."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

Brudegan asks Chayli for his bag back and examines the rest of his gear for any missing or damaged items. Brudegan than says "I would like to go check out that pier silently to see what that light is. I would suggest going alone unless you two can also remain silent. Oh also, would either of you happen to know anything about Dindom Dries? That's where Chayli is from and I don't recall where it is."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:09 pm

"I know how to stay quiet. I'm more concerned about our resources; in particular, I've expended half of my arcane power available. If whatever is down at the pier is dangerous, I want to go in at full strength."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Brudegan finds that all of his loose gear (weapons, shields, etc.) have been lost to the sea. In fact, everyone's weapons and shields have been lost. However, Chayli saved the bag and gladly hands it over. "It was crazy!" she explains, "The dragons were like 'ROAR!' and the bridge was like 'Crack-BOOM!' and then there was screaming and flying and ... and ... and crazy stuff!" She wags her tail, quite proud of herself as she recounts recent events.

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Brudegan sighs, "Well that's just great... wait a minute, do you still have that box Tyrian."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 pm

"True, but I have no idea how to use them. Although, without any weapons, it might be a good idea to scout the pier."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:49 am

Brudegan asks, "Would you please hand me the box."
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 am

Modis is still lying where he was.
"If anyone needs me I'll be lying here popping my joint back in. And if you're going to do any scouting, might I suggest just having Chayli do a fly-by?"

Last edited by KevinNightfire on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 am

((we washed ashore, so if you were lying where you fell, you would be in the ocean right now))

Brudegan smiles, "Thats a wonderful idea Modis. Chayli could you fly close enough to that blue light to see what it is and come back to tell me." Brudegan also notes, "You said the box contained some form of weapon orb, and we need weapons, so let me take a look."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:22 am

Tyrian hands Brudegan an orb from the box. "Here, just don't blow yourself up."

Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

(Actually, I never said the light was blue. It's actually yellow-orange, like embers.)

Chayli excitedly leaps into the air, "Alright! I'll be right back."

Meanwhile, as Brudegan handles the orb, he feels a presence within his mind. It's faint, but it's definitely there. It's almost as if the orb is calling to him, awaiting instructions ...
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Brudegan thinks *well if this thing is supposed to be a weapon, then maybe I should tell it to become a weapon.* Brudegan commands the orb to turn into a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 pm

The orb begins to roil and churn, taking a vague form of several different weapons before returning to it's original spherical shape. Still it calls to Brudegan.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:42 pm

"That's interesting, let me try." Taking another orb, Tyrian focuses on it. "Become a shortsword."

Use Magic Device: 7 + 3 =10 (Can I take 20?)

Last edited by maquise on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:42 pm

The member 'maquise' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Brudegan mentally commands, *Turn into a spiked shield and a battleaxe.*
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:16 am

"Hey could I get one of those?"
Modis had gotten up and wandered over to the commotion.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 am

Both weapon orbs turn into the desired weapons, with Brudegan's orb splitting into two before forming into a battleaxe and spiked shield. Both the wood and metal of the weapons is light and hard, similar to darkwood and mithral, respectively.

(I'll be posting the rules about weapon orbs shortly.)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am

"Hmm, something more elegant might be better..."
Tyrian experiments to see if he can change the short sword into a rapier. Either way, he grabs another and orders a shortbow and arrows.
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Brudegan takes the second orb that Tyrian planned to use and hands it to Modis, "You only need one; I can make two weapons with one, so can you." Brudegan also takes the box and secures it in his pack and gets ready to move out. "We need to get moving toward the path to the top of the cliff, I'm sure that this place will be swarming with white wyrmlings by morning."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next