DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Joeshmoe

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 am

Brudegan looks quizzically at Tyrian, "I'm sorry you don't have the weapon orbs right now, I figured I would keep them safe and determine who we could trust with them. Regana, to be honest we don't know how they work, evidently they can change properties on command. For instance, I wanted something harder to hit this metal thing with and it noticeably changed properties, I don't know what it turned into but it seemed to follow my thoughts. It also seems to choose any weapon you command it to become." Brudegan gives Regana one of the orbs. "Keep it safe, and don't let someone take it."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 am

Brudegan splits the money equally among the guardians, "We each played a part in getting to this point, lets all be fair and keep moving. However I need some mending before we continue, I don't think I can make it all the way to the town in this condition." Brudegan clutches his chest and grimaces in pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 am

She accepts the orb gingerly and places it into a pouch on her belt before returning to treating the others. "By command, do you mean vocally or otherwise? How have these worked for you in the past?"

Brudegan 6 + 2 = 8

Modis 8 + 2 = 10

(Dropping both second level spells for Cure Moderate Wound.

Since we're not in battle I'm going to go ahead and do two spells with this post. If it's a problem, just assume one of them's attached to a later post.)

Last edited by Regana on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 am

The member 'Regana' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd8' : 3, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 7, 1
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:55 am

Brudegan feels slightly invigorated but still is in some discomfort. "I've noticed that the orbs respond to what you're thinking, or what you want." Brudegan picks up his torch that he dropped and continues walking. "Lets return to our previous formation and keep moving toward the town."
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:00 am

Modis begins recovering his composure.

"Man, those were some hits. What I want to know is what's a machine doing out here on its own. Its owner must be nearby. And obviously trying to get goods and money illicitly."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:20 am

Regana looks back toward the merchant and the various parts of the creature. "I realize it's dark, but perhaps we should search around here for what may have been in control of this thing?"

She pulls the Cure Light Wounds wand out of her pack once more and gestures toward Brudegan and Modis. "And quite frankly, you two probably shouldn't be trapezing along at full speed at the moment anyway."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 am

Brudegan returns to Regana, "Definitely, It might be worthwhile to rid the area of anyone that would control a being such as this one."
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Modis stares into the dark, "I think I still have my Light spell if need be... of course, that could also give away our location."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Regana taps Modis on the head with the Cure Light Wounds wand. "We already have a torch lit; our location's been given away if anyone is nearby. Also, I'm sure the racket from the battle reached all ears within a considerable radius."

"If we need more light, I can set a few things aglow. No need to use your spell." She taps Brudegan on the shoulder. "Do we have things to hold the light?"

Modis 3 + 1 = 4

Brudegan 3 + 1 = 4

Last edited by Regana on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

The member 'Regana' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd8' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 3
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:19 pm

"I might be a pessimist, but I think it's a good idea if we left this area. Too much danger, and our mission is of great importance."
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 pm

"Is it not our mission to see to it that justice and righteousness prevail over the darkness that would engulf Marastrianna's lands and the rest of the world? I think we should look for this villain. He might have been part of the offensive against the tower. We need as much information about our enemies as we can get."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Brudegan looks surprised with his hand in front of his mouth and exclaims, "OH SNAP, you just got told!" Brudegan then moves off deeper into the woods from the side that the body was found on, searching for any unnatural clues while still holding his torch.

Search: 9 +7 =16

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

The member 'Joeshmoe' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Brudegan finds nothing off the beaten trail. So heavily traveled is the road, it's very likely the construct's creator simply hid it, gave it directions to kill passersby, and continued along the path.

If you choose to study the construct's remains, a Knowledge (nobility & royalty) or Knowledge (architecture & engineering) check is required for further information on the construct. The Lore and Bardic Knowledge abilities can be used as well.

(FYI: Think good thoughts for me guys, my job interview's tomorrow! I'll be out of town on Wednesday & Thursday, then I'll be able to post normally again starting on Friday.)
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 am

(I'm back. Sorry for the delay guys. Does anyone want to try any of those skill checks or are you advancing straight to the town?)
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:57 am

(um... does anyone have the required skills?)
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:59 am

You do (the Lore ability) for being a Cloistered Cleric of Bahamut. Roll a d20 and add your class level, Intelligence modifier, and +2 synergy bonus for your Knowledge (history) skill.
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:54 pm

"Hmm... let's see what we have here."

Lore: 15+2+2=19

(oh, hey, I don't have an int mod :/ um, also, not sure what class level is, so I'm just adding 2 since is level... correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited by KevinNightfire on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:54 pm

The member 'KevinNightfire' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:50 pm

(Yeah, you did it right.)

Modis notes that the construct was of impeccable quality, expertly crafted by some unknown maker. Such high-quality constructs are used widely in the Poe Valley, far to the northeast. However, they are traditional household servants, not assassins.

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Modis keeps staring at the wreck, "Well, it's from the northeast, but I'm pretty sure it's far out of our way and wouldn't help us with protecting the egg."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Brudegan comments, "We can look into where this construct came from after we get our bearings with some sleep for the night. Lets keep moving." Brudegan then beckons Regana and Chayli to resume their positions up front with him and he continues walking with his torch in one hand.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 am

(I'm going to be camping until Monday, but please feel free to post in the mean time.)

The group makes it to The Three Dog Night Inn, just outside of the town of Monview Gorge. A sign outside states, "One in the loneliest number, so come inside and make some friends."

(If you get the reference, you have great taste in music. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next