DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Joeshmoe

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:05 am

Brudegan also notes, "I mentioned this earlier, Chayli's home is in Dindom Dries, do either of you know anything about it?"
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 am

(Please read my post on Weapon Orbs in the OOC section.)

(I'm going to say that anyone's quiver & arrows survived the fall since they were strapped to you. However, I will ask that all three of you keep track of any ammunition you use until you reach a settlement and can restock.)

As the three champions test out their new weapons, Chayli returns through the darkening sky. She admires the weapon orbs for a moment before speaking up, "There's a whole lot of scaly folk over that way."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:04 am

((I've been keeping track of ammunition. How long has it been since the beginning of the first encounter? Is my Mage armor expended?))

"Scaly folk? I don't know if they're friend or foe. I have a plan, if they come this way. Modis and Chayli can stay here, Brudegan and I can hide. That way, we can surprise them if they're hostile, or talk if they are friendly."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 pm

(Yes, it's been more than two hours since you cast the spell. As for hiding, the beach you're on is flat and sandy, while the cliffs are near vertical and offer few nooks and crannies to conceal yourself in. You could hide yourself in the cliffs, but you'd be at a -2 circumstance penalty to anyone with dark-vision.)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Brudegan asks, "Chayli, did you count how many there were? Did you notice anything other than that they had scales?"

(Whats the status of my health? Am I fully recovered.)
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:43 am

(Consider all nonlethal damage healed. Lethal damage still remains.)

"Lots," Chayli replies, "They're lizardfolk, and warriors by the looks of it. Most of them have clubs and shields, although the bigger ones don't. They just look meaner." Chayli makes her best mean face to imitate the lizardfolk, but the effect is lacking to say the least. "I think they burned down the dock, but I'm not sure. I mean, I'm sure the dock's burned down; but, I don't know if they did it."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm

"So we can wait here, or head north. To be honest, I'm not sure which course of action would be better in this case."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Brudegan disagrees, "I think we should head past the dock and if they see us, we bargain for passage."
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Modis shrugs,"Yeah, we still have weapons and armor. If anything happens we should be fine... well, mostly. Oh, and I think I still have some spells that might help if we need them."

(um, if I don't post for a while. my videocard died... actually, it's so bad I'm surprised my computer is still starting up)
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:32 am

After listening to everyone's input, Chayli's tail stops wagging and she tilts her head to the side in confusion, "Wait, what are we doing?"
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:30 am

Brudegan clarifies for Chayli, "Were going to attempt to walk past the dock and to the path that goes up the cliff face. If the scaly people see us and are hostile we will try to bargain with them for passage. Alright, lets go" Brudegan secures all his gear and begins walking toward the docks.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Tyrian takes up a position in the rear of the group.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 am

(Are you using Hide & Move Silently, or are you just walking up to the docks? Since all three of you are human, Chayli's the only one who can see clearly at this point. The moon hasn't risen yet and starlight only allows you to make out figures up to 30ft away. You're effectively blind beyond that.)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 am

Brudegan asks, "Chayli, could you tell us when were about 120 feet from the dock, that way we can start hiding and being quiet."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm

"Okay!" Chayli chimes. Her tail wags excitedly as she leads the group down the beach. After reaching the desired distance, she stops the group. "One time," she begins, "Marastrianna asked me to do something, and I did it, and it was done, and she was really happy, and she patted me on the head, and she said, 'Good job Chayli.'" Her tail continues to wag as she looks to each of the champions. "I really liked that."

(In the dim light of the embers, the characters can make out the general shape of the dock. It's on a raised platform constructed against the cliff in order to protect it from high tides and tidal surges. It's supported by many large, wooden pillars and has a single stairway leading from the beach to the platform. In order to reach the path leading up the cliff, the party will need to climb the stairs leading from the beach and make their way across the platform.

The pier extending from the dock into the ocean is still intact; only the dock building itself has been burned down. There is one boat moored at the end of the pier, with a solitary lit lamp on its deck revealing its presence. It's hard to tell in the dim light, but the boat looks to be between 30' and 40' long, with a single mast.)

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Brudegan happily replies, "Good job Chayli!" and he pats her on the head. Brudegan then turns to Modis and Tyrian in a semi serious tone, "alright lets be quiet so we can get past whoever is up there, I'll let you know when you can start talking again Chayli."

(We will walk along the previously mentioned path to its end unless we might come too close to someone, in which case we will re-evaluate the situation.)

Hide: 17 +8= 25
Move Silently: 5 +8= 13

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 pm

The member 'Joeshmoe' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Tyrian nods his assent, remaining at the back.

Hide:17 +8 = 25
Move Silently: 11 +8 = 19

Last edited by maquise on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:44 pm

The member 'maquise' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

(Okay, it's been long enough, so I'm going to assume KevinNightfire can't get on the internet. I'll roll for him so we can proceed.)

Hide: 20 roll -4 modifier =16
Move Silently: 3 roll -4 modifier =-1

Modis does an expert job sticking to the shadows, but with every step the clanking of his heavy armor gives away his presence. As the group approaches the stairway leading up from the beach, a lizardfolk comes to investigate. "Who's down there?"

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

The member 'Yogge Mothi' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 20, 3
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Brudegan steps forward with weapon orb (sheathed or in little orb form) and open hands, "We are down here, would you like to join us for a stroll along the beach?"

Diplomacy: 16 +9 = 25

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm

The member 'Joeshmoe' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 pm

"Uhh, who is we?" the confused lizardfolk replies.
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:42 am

Brudegan replies, "We are just some travelers on a midnight stroll. Has something occurred recently?"

Diplomacy: 4 +9 =13
Gather Information: 18

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath   DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Chapter 2: The Aftermath
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next