DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Plane of Shadow

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:36 pm

KAI

Kai comes up behind the shadowy creature and attempts to plunge both blades into its back (Mageslayer first in case it is arcane - also spending 50 points for +6 to hit. Does it apply to both hits in the round or just one?)

Primary Attack (1d20 + 9 (+11 if arcane) + 6) = 22 (24 if arcane)
Damage (1d6 + 3 (+2d6 if arcane) = 9 (16 if arcane)
Sneak attack (2d6) = 7

Second attack (1d20 + 9 + 6) = 21
Damage (1d6+1 + 1d6 acid) = 10

Last edited by Cordenmg on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:36 pm

The member 'Cordenmg' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 6, 6, 1

#3 'd6' : 6, 1

#4 'd20' : 6

#5 'd6' : 6, 3
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:24 am

((Are you running forward or moving cautiously? Remember the situation.))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:42 pm

KAI

((Running forward, but I am still invisible.))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:04 am

((Make a spot check -5, then make a dex check -3))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 am

KAI

Spot (1d20 + 17 - 5) = 9 + 12 = 21

Dex (1d20 + 4 - 3) = 13 + 1 = 14

Last edited by Cordenmg on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 am

The member 'Cordenmg' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 9

#2 'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:50 am

As Kai rushes forward to attack the shadowy figure he notices, too late, the trip wire located at the bottom of the doorway. He fails to alter his movements enough to get out of the way and falls to the ground at the feet of the shadowy figure. As Kai orients himself, he notices two more of the human fighters that were hidden from view just inside the doorway, both towards him, swords unsheathed.

Two blows come crashing down but both miss, although one was closer then the other. Kai realizes they can't see him, just know his general location from the sound.

A raspy, familiar, voice speaks slowly.

"I told you I would come for you. I told you when you tricked me that I would exact my revenge, and now I have."

The shadowy figure turns towards Kai and he notices it's the Nobur. He looks directly at Kai and waves a hand, bringing Kai's invisibility to an end and rooting him to the spot. The two human fighters recover and pull Kai to his feet. The Nobur continues.

"See! See what you have lost...," and the Nobur steps to the side, letting the full view of the room enter Kai's vision.

Viola is dead, a long sword mark down her uncovered torso showing bone and organs. His son, kept away from his mother, was sliced in half from collar to hip and lays in two pieces on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am

KAI

As his gaze falls on his family, Kai's feels a stinging sensation in his eyes. It takes a moment to realize they are tears. His gaze shifts to the Nobur. Dead, lifeless, all emotion quickly begins to drain from his body as he focuses a level of hatred he never imagined possible on this.... monstrosity before him. Forcing words between clenched teeth, Kai's voice is a low rasp.

"Bastard. I have no idea what you are talking about but you have just signed your own death warrant."

The level of venom, of barely contained violence, in his voice astounds Kai, who is used to being calm, collected. He feels an ugly surge of pain in his chest, that quickly begins to spread throughout his body. It takes a moment before he realizes what it is..... Rage. A level of anger, of rage, greater than when he watched his parents die, greater than when he killed someone for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

With what can only be called 'rolling his eyes', the Nobur chuckles softly.

"It matters not what you remember, only what happened. I have exacted my revenge. I am done with you. What you do now is up to you."

The Nobur disappears.

The two fighters holding Kai drag him over to the bed, throwing his lifeless body to the floor. As they turn to leave, one of the fighters reaches down and grabs the short swords from Kai, testing their weight and balance. Grinning, he bows to Kai.

"You won't be needing these any more and I will, but I wouldn't leave a grief-stricken man without a way out."

The man drops his longsword on the ground next to Kai before turning away with the other fighters. As the last of them leaves the room, the compulsion holding Kai still falls away, leaving him alone with his dead wife and son.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:49 am

KAI

As soon as the compulsion ends, Kai rushes to his wife's body, cradling it in his arms, tears streaming down his face. He speaks to her in a whisper.

"I failed you. I don't even know how yet, but I've failed you. I will see you soon, I'm sure, but not before I complete something first."

Kai gently kisses her forehead, smoothing her hair back, and then gently lays her body back on the floor. Walking over to the body of the son he doesn't know, Kai gently brushes his hand against the boy's cheek.

"I am sure you would have grown into a great man, much better than me. Know that I will set this right, if I can."

Grabbing the longsword from the floor, Kai draws out his mace from his pack, murder blazing in his eyes. He charges out the door, hopping over the trip wire, and charges down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm

As Kai hurtles himself through the doorway in pursuit of the invaders he finds himself back in the dungeon. His hands are empty, short swords still sheathed at his sides. Looking back at the portal he just exited, Kai notices that landscape fading, showing only a stone dungeon corridor beyond. As the landscape fades, so do Kai's memories, until both the landscape and the memories are gone.

Kai looks around to see Shardonnae hasn't moved. Unsure of what happened, he begins to move towards the Test of Pain corridor again but feels different so stops. Kai realizes he has gained back some of what was lost.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:18 pm

KAI

Odd...

Kai, seeing Shard still in the room, walks towards the middel door.

"I will, hopefully, be right back."

Kai will open the door and enter, swords drawn.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 pm

As Kai steps through the door he can no longer see. He feels extremely cold and, when feeling around his body, discovers he is wearing no clothes. Turning back to look in the direction he just came he sees the open portal to the dungeon, but the light from the dungeon provides no light in this path.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:02 pm

KAI

Shivering from the cold, Kai reaches out to see if he can feel the wall. If so, he will continue onward, keeping his hand on the wall. If not, he will slowly walk forward, probing the ground ahead with his foot.

((is there any wind or is it just cold?))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 pm

((just cold, no wind))

((which way do you reach?))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:18 pm

KAI

((right - if nothing is encountered, I will check left. So I have nothing? No gear or anything?))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:22 pm

((No gear, no clothing, nothing))

Reaching out to his right, Kai feels the reassuring cold stone wall of the dungeon. The wall goes perpendicular to the portal behind him, leading him away from the doorway, or directly to it.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:31 pm

KAI

Kai will continue away from the door.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:40 pm

((For this test I am going to need you to be very specific. How fast? Are you doing anything other then walking?, etc.))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:55 pm

KAI

Kai starts off, hand against the wall, feeling his way along, probing each step with a bare foot. After a few minutes, he remembers what this test is. With a deep breath to steady himself, lungs burning at the inhalation of cold air, Kai lets go of the wall, shifting across to feel the left wall. Once he locates it, he will attempt to center himself in the hallway and continue forward at a normal walk, listening to the surroundings as closely as possible.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Kai continues forward, balanced as if on a beam, walking forward with nothing to guide him but the stone walls.

A couple steps from where he started the floor seems to give way without preamble, causing Kai to fall.

((As of right now, you are falling))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:11 pm

KAI

As he's falling, Kai's mind races.

Not good!

Kai reaches his hand out to see if there is a wall nearby, hoping to find something to possibly catch himself on.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Kai can feel the wall just at his fingertips. As soon as he realizes this, he splats! on the floor, quickly losing consciousness.

Kai feels extremely cold and, when feeling around his body, discovers he is wearing no clothes. Turning back to look in the direction he just came he sees the open portal to the dungeon, but the light from the dungeon provides no light in this path.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:53 pm

KAI

Well that didn't work too well.

Kai will reach out to the right wall and move forward, cautiously, probing the floor in front of him, mentally approximating the distance to where he fell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Plane of Shadow
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: