DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Plane of Shadow

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:27 am

Nothing seems out of the ordinary as Kai cautiously edges his way forward. At approximately the same distance he had moved as before, the floor again disappears under Kai, who begins falling yet again.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 am

KAI

((so that I understand, he doesn't come across an area where his foot doesn't feel anything ahead, the floor he is currently on just disappears?))

Crap!

Kai braces for the expected impact at the bottom, hoping to land and roll with the fall.

Tumbling (1d20 + 17) = 19+17 = 36

Last edited by Cordenmg on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 am

The member 'Cordenmg' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:35 pm

((correct))

Even as Kai begins to tense his body, hoping to eleviate some of the pain, he realizes that the fall is just too far. The moment he thinks about this, though, is when he hits the ground.

Kai, yet again, finds himself in darkness, naked, with the portal to the dungeon room behind him.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:49 pm

KAI

Hmmm, perhaps a different approach.

Kai takes off at a run and, a foot or so before he believes he will hit the point where the floor disappears, he will leap forward, testing whether or not he can get across the area that disappears.

Jump (1d20 + 12) = 7+12 = 19

Last edited by Cordenmg on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:49 pm

The member 'Cordenmg' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Kai gets a good three step run before jumping, easily clearing a couple feet of before hitting the ground. As soon as Kai settles his weight onto his feet, the floor disappears and Kai begins falling, splatting on the floor after a while.

Kai, yet again, finds himself in darkness, naked, with the portal to the dungeon room behind him.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:59 pm

KAI

((does the falling distance seem to be the same each time or was the time that he thought about the fall being to far different?))

Hmm, this is becoming quite irritating. Perhaps...

Kai will attempt to fix, firmly in his mind, the thought that the floor is solid and not disappearing and will attempt to walk forward. Should the floor fade out, he will immediately imagine that the fall should be ending. ((hoping the floor will either hold or appear again without the massive fall))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 pm

((Ok, take this step by step for me. I need to know specifics of what you are doing, thinking, feeling, etc.))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:54 pm

KAI

Kai believes that this is some type of illusion. He doesn't appear to be injured from the repeated falls which makes him think some sort of magic is at play. He walks forward at a normal pace and when he reaches the part of the floor that keeps disappearing, he locks an image of walking on a floor firmly in his mind and attempts to continue walking, hand on the left wall this time. He tries to use the wall to ground himself in reality.... a place where floors don't just disappear and reset you to the beginning of a corridor.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:46 pm

As Kai moves forward he reaches the point where the floor has before been falling away. He continues forward, keeping the thought firmly in his mind that this is an illusion and not real. Taking a step forward, then another, then another Kai finally ...

... falls, as the floor disappears yet again. As Kai attempts to fix it firmly in his mind that he is not falling he hits the ground, splating and finding himself back at the beginning.

Kai thinks that during his movement forward there was a moment when everything was going his way, as if he were almost there, before the floor fell away.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:57 am

KAI

Kai sighs heavily as he shivers from the cold, then wonders if the lack of clothing is also part of the illusion. He closes his eyes, picturing solidly in his mind that he is garbed in his belongings, that the weight of his swords is present at his belt, the feel of his cloak that he can pull tight around him, the familiar weight of his pack hanging from his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:14 am

But feels nothing.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:38 am

KAI

Kai will attempt to travel down the hallway again, using the other wall this time, again attempting to keep firmly in his mind the image that the floor continues to exist. He will work on concentrating harder this time.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:02 pm

The same act repeats itself. Kai again has a feeling he is missing something, but is along the right path.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:25 am

KAI

On a whim, Kai attempts the journey, again, remaining focused on the corridor and floor, but walks backwards.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:18 am

Kai again feels close to making a connection, but again falls when the floor disappears, reappearing at the doorway as before.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 am

KAI

Kai sighs to himself, frustrated with the situation but unwilling to walk away from the puzzle.

"Sym Spm Nobur."

Kai holds his breath in anticipation of the Nobur's arrival, thinking hard on what he wishes to ask.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am

Kai hears the voice of the Nobur in his head.

"Ask your question and I will answer."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:13 pm

KAI

"I am walking down the hall and the floor keeps disappearing. I feel as though I am on the right track by trying to fix in my mind that the situation is an illusion, but am still unable to advance successfully. What is it that I am missing, that is preventing me from bypassing this issue with the floor?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:42 pm

"To conquer the test of fear, you need to conquer your fear."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:00 pm

KAI

Not quite as helpful as I was hoping for, but not surprising. Fear, huh? Well, I know I have a thing about failure, but that would mean that I should walk away from this and I don't think that is what The Nobur is talking about.

"The last time I checked, I'm not afraid of falling or of the dark."

Perhaps one more try and if it doesn't work, maybe I'll force myself to walk away. Presumably, I can always return.

Assuming that Kai does not receive any further response from The Nobur, he will again attempt to walk down the hall, though this time he is far more focused on The Nobur's words than on thoughts of illusions and disappearing floors.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:05 pm

"And yet each time you walk down this hallway, your actions portray your fear."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:26 pm

KAI

Hmmm....

Kai begins walking down the corridor as he would any other corridor where he was comfortable, straight down the middle, body relaxed. In his mind, he thinks of the elven community that he will be returning to, letting his mind wander over the events of the last day before coming to this place.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:31 am

Kai continues to walk forward and almost forgets his purpose when he realizes he has past the point where he would have expected to fall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Plane of Shadow
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: