DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Necromancers Domain

Go down 
+2
Yogge Mothi
Cordenmg
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

The Necromancers Domain Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:55 am

KAI

Kai runs through a few breathing exercises to calm himself in preparation for whatever is next as he waits for the 'all clear' from Iago.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Always planning ahead, Yuki Onna prepares to use her Rod of Metamagic to cast an extended Mage Armor on herself and Rathnaya as soon as she has the light to do so.
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:22 pm

"I believe that the construct is sufficiently far away that we can use the torch, but try to keep it covered or something, ok?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:19 am

KAI

"I'll do what I can, but understand that when the fighting starts, I'll be tossing this thing in the middle so I can see what I'm doing."

Kai attempts to keep the torch mostly wrapped so that only minimal light seeps out.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 am

As Kai lights the lamp the party sees a ramp leading down at a slight angle which leads to an opening in a wall. On the other side the party sees a room.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:00 am

PELENAL

Pelenal reappears in the room.
"It seems we are all here now. I will assist you the best I can, but I can do little."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 am

KAI

At the reappearance of the "spirit", Kai speaks up.

"Iago, Yuki, let me introduce Pelenal. He is the one who is apparently trapped here. If we can free him, we have another ally in the fight against the necromancer."
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 am

"So are you dead, or...?"
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 am

Once the area is illuminated, Yuki dismounts Ratnaya and casts her spell. After casting, Yuki tilts her head to the side in amusement. "Intriguing; the spirit of a man the necromancer has captive is aiding us in defeating him. The irony is delicious."

(Extended Mage Armor: +4 armor bonus to AC for 16 hours.)
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 am

KAI

Kai starts slightly at the sight of a wolf in the room, but relaxes as he sees that is is associated with the elf.

"Actually, it sounds as though elven magic is what has him trapped, at least according to what he told us. It sounds as though he was put into a magical sleep until help arrived for him."

He gestures towards Pelenal's image.

"I'm sure he could explain it more thoroughly."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

PELENAL

"Indeed. While I was seeking the necromancer, I found a corridor which seems to have been part of an elf tower. When I reached the end, the visage of an elf mage told me I would be kept safe until aid could arrive."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm

KAI

"Pelenal, do you remember how long ago you first arrived here?"
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 pm

"Only a paladin could project so hard," Iago mutters in the background.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:25 pm

KAI

Kai stifles a chuckle at Iago's muttering.

It would appear that I am not the only one concerned with the presence of a paladin... though his intentions definitely seem to match up with ours.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:57 pm

PELENAL
"No, I do not know how long I slept."

Pelenal disregards any other statements.

Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am

"Well, I should be able to understand the Elven magic at work here once I encounter it," Yuki assures Pelenal. She glances around at the architecture to see what information she can deduce from it. "Tell me," she addresses the party, "Is your strategy for such endeavors as this simply running in and blasting the enemy with hellfire?" Her eyes scan her new allies, "Or do you advance slowly and methodically?" Shrugging her shoulders, she adds, "This may surprise you, me being both an elf and a wizard, but I prefer a more direct approach if victory is likely."

Knowledge (architecture & engineering): 4 roll +12 modifier =16

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am

The member 'Yogge Mothi' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:12 am

Yogge Mothi wrote:
" "Is your strategy for such endeavors as this simply running in and blasting the enemy with hellfire?"
"Well, not hellfire..."

Last edited by Solo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:27 am

KAI

"Personally, I tend to proceed methodically, though that is largely a by-product of my past. Lately, things seem to be much more straightforward with those present."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 am

Yuki Onna smiles at the responses she receives, "I'm glad I stumbled across you all. Rathnaya's good company, but I forgot how refreshing people can be." She points at the opening ahead of the group, "Is it just me, or does that look like something just walked through the wall?" She then directs attention to the ramp, "This is different as well. It's been worked, so might I suggest we check for traps and secret doors as we proceed?"

Search: 3 roll +14 modifier (+16 modifier to find secret doors & hidden compartments) =17 (19 to find secret doors & hidden compartments)

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:01 pm

KAI

Without a word, Kai walks to the door, checking for signs of traps. After completing his search, he will do the same for the ramp.

Search 1 (1d20 + 9) = 13+9 = 22 (door)

Search 2 (1d20 + 9) = 15+9 = 24 (ramp)

Last edited by Cordenmg on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm

The party finds nothing out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:31 pm

KAI

"Well, I can scout ahead, assuming we don't mind the light. Otherwise I will be left bringing up the rear. I don't have the same benefits that many of you seem to have with being able to see in the dark."
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

"You'll probably give us away though, which is probably going to be a little counter productive. Maybe I should go first with you following about 60 feet behind?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:09 am

KAI

"That's fine by me. On the other hand, though, don't most undead have the ability to see in the dark? I seem to remember hearing that, though I'm not sure its true. Just something to keep in mind."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Necromancers Domain
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: