DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Necromancers Domain

Go down 
+2
Yogge Mothi
Cordenmg
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Solo

The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:22 am

"Well, they can definately see in the light," Iago points out as he flies in front of Kai.

(I will advance and detect magic all the way to ensure no magical traps are present)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

PELENAL

"Heaven watch us," Pelenal mutters, "Your friend seems confident. I hope he does not overestimate his own abilities."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 am

KAI

In a whispered reply to Pelenal:

"I think that I would rather hope that he can extricate himself from the situation when he does."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:20 am

"Indeed"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:56 am

KAI

Kai settles in, checking the room in the light of the torch as he waits for Iago to finish his investigation of the next area before moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:12 am

Yuki Onna has kept silent this whole time, just observing Iago and Kai's interactions. She smiles as Iago flies off, admiring his bravado. Memories of a past acquaintance begin to surface in her mind.

Once he leaves, Yuki speaks to Kai and Pelenal, "So, what do you know of the necromancer we are currently trying to destroy? Is his power divine or arcane in nature?"
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 am

KAI

"The little we know is that he either has formidable arcane powers outside of the areas of necromancy or a formidable arcane ally. The wizard of the elven conclave that we are assisting indicated that a necromancer would be unlikely to possess the abilities to create the types of constructs that we have been encountering while still being wielding the formidable necromantic abilities that seem to be in evidence."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:35 pm

"Ahh, yes, constructs and undead. Both have a tendency to resist the cold." Yuki smirks wickedly, "But they are mindless as well, which means they are easily manipulated."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 pm

KAI

"Ehh, I've met a few undead that would not quite match that description, but for the most part, yes, you are correct."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:06 pm

((Advance how far Iago?))
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

(60 feet, and then 60 feet again if nothing interesting shows up.)
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:01 pm

I would like to sweep the left hallway up to the corner, then sweep the right one, staying behind the corner in each case.

After that, since Iago ends up around the right corner, he will peek around the corner and take a look.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 am

Iago enters the first room of the compound and takes a look around. It seems the same as he remembers it, although his flight from this place was much more accelerated then his entry. Four openings line this room, one north and one south, both holes in the wall as if something just walked through them. One east and one west, closed wooden doors, which due to advanced age are not as heavy as they once were.

Iago walks purposely towards the door on the west, opens it and sees a long hallway with turns towards the north at it's ends. Walking to the end he finds nothing. He turns back around and walks to the door on the east, opens it and finds the mirror of what he found previously, a long hallway that turns north at the end. He again walks to the end, this time peaking around the corner. He notices another hallway, this time with a break in the middle facing east.

Iago feels good that everything matches the map.

((What is the rest of the party doing while Iago does this? Unless yer staying back and not talking, this takes around three minutes.))
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 am

"Do golems not understand the concept of doors?" Iago muses to himself as he heads back to report to the group so that they can move on further into the rooms.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 am

KAI

Kai waits patiently with the rest of the group to hear the results of Iago's scouting.

"Well, the way he took off this shouldn't take too long..."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Yuki Onna spends the time stroking Rathnaya's fur and humming a stirring and elegant elven melody.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:36 am

KAI

Kai lets his thoughts drift slightly at the sound of the melody, longing for this trek to be over.

"If you don't mind my asking, where did you manage to find a wolf that large?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 am

At this point Iago comes back into view and heads towards the party.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 am

KAI

"I'm assuming you haven't found anything yet? Is it safe to move in?"
Back to top Go down
Solo

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:40 pm

"Yeah, and I advise we do so before anyone notices. You'll probably want to scout for traps first, though."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Yuki Onna doesn't miss a beat as Iago returns and simply nods to his advice. "Kai," she replies after ending her melody, "In response to your question, Rathnaya is my animal companion and a kindred soul. I found her severely injured in her den. A red wyrmling had attacked her pups and, although she managed to slay the wretched creature, her pups had been slain and she too lay dying." Rathnaya knows that Yuki Onna is speaking about her and eyes her master warily. "I nursed her back to health and she has stayed by my side ever since."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:14 pm

"So, Yukki, what brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Yuki responds immediately, "A desire for vengeance." She looks into Pelenal's eyes, "Paladin, I will admit that I rarely show mercy to the wicked. We share a goal," she assures, "but you are bound by laws and faith and they shape your idea of 'justice'." Yuki averts her eyes and stares at the ground, "I am not so bound." She looks up again, "What of you, Pelenal? Why are you here? Do you seek due process for this villain?"

(OoC- This has obviously been gnawing on Yuki since Pelenal first appeared.)
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 am

KAI

Kai listens to the conversation without appearing to as he heads through the opening to check the area for traps. He will search the next chamber.

Search (1d20+9) = 15+9 = 24

Last edited by Cordenmg on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 am

PELENAL
Responding to Yuki, Pelenal says,"Now countless years ago, I was tasked with defeating this necromancer. I will finish this to the best of my power. Also, I know firsthand the terrible power of the dark arts he wields. I swore to protect the innocent from evil."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Necromancers Domain   The Necromancers Domain - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Necromancers Domain
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: