DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Plane of Shadow

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Crit chance (1d20 + 8 ) = 6+8 = 14
Crit Damage (6+ 1d6 + 1) = 6+4+1 = 11

Last edited by Cordenmg on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Kai's double strike both score massive hits and the creature growls loudly for a second before falling to the ground, dead.

Immediately a raspy voice sounds from behind Kai, seeming amused.

"Interesting. The Nobur thought you no match for the beast, but you have surprised the Nobur."

Kai turns immediately to face the speaker, finding a dark robed figure directly before him. Even with his Shadowvision the shadows around the figure seem to twist to and fro, darker then the surroundings.

"You called. The Nobur came. What do you wish of the Nobur?"

Last edited by Leucistic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 pm

KAI

Looking at the dead creature, Kai's gaze returns to the robed figure before him.

"An interesting creature to be sure. I would almost envy it some of its abilities."

Kai gives a respectful bow to the Nobur.

"I have come with a request, one that will fulfill the oath that I am told Casuliastantinionum, High Mage of Estorium, holds. In a recent battle, I was struck by a spectre and a portion of my life force was taken, drained away. Casuliastantinionum believes that you are powerful enough to restore that stolen life force to me, restoring my life force to the point it was at before the theft. I have come to ask such of you - to restore the portion of my life force that was stolen. Is this something that is within your power?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 am

The shadows around the figure seem to pause for a second before continuing their movements.

"The fool spends one hundred years as a slave to gain a single favor and this is what he uses it on. Did he learn nothing during his time with the Nobur? Of course the Nobur can do it, the Nobur is the Nobur!"

The voice sounds exasperated.

"The bigger question is, can you?"

Last edited by Leucistic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 am

KAI

Of course, it couldn't just be easy for once....

Kai watches the Nobur, more wary at each passing moment as the figure becomes more agitated.

One hundred years?!? And he is willing to throw that away for this? There has to be more to it than that.

"As this is all new to me, I don't know if I can or not? I have no ability with magic but if you are referring to me having to complete a task of some sort, well, I guess there's really no choice at that point. If you don't mind sharing, what must I do to regain this lost portion of myself?"

Kai feels a drop of cold sweat sliding down his back. With years of practice, Kai works to squash the feelings of uneasiness, of fear.

This thing makes me nervous. I can feel power radiating from it.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:34 am

The shadows flicker in and out frantically.

"Why, you must earn it, of course. Creatures come to the Nobur from all over the planes asking for help from the Nobur. And the Nobur help them ... generally ... but for a price. The Nobur is not interested in gold or weapons or even magic. The Nobur is interested in power! Power over people is an undervalued commodity. Sometimes, like in the case of our mage ... friend ... the Nobur ends up owing a favor, though that is rare."

"But the Nobur drifts."

What can only be described as a hand shoots out from the folds of shadow and lays on Kai's shoulder.

Kai suddenly finds himself inside a dark room, fires that emanate no heat barely lighting it. Around the room are items that Kai could only guess at the meaning. It appears to be some sort of workshop. Tables are strung throughout the room, papers and books and other items are littered on top. A single door on the far side of the room stands slightly open, no light on the other side. The Nobur removes his hand from Kai's shoulder and seems to float to a bookshelf, rummages a minute and pulls down a book before returning to Kai. He places the book on a table and opens it, moving quickly between pages until he finds what he wants. He goes still, the shadows around him not moving. Every now and then the page of the book flips.

After what seems like an hour the Nobur stops reading and looks up at Kai.

"Ok, the Nobur has it. Follow the Nobur."

The Nobur leads Kai through the door and down a dark hallway. Only Kai's Shadowvision allows him to see even remotely. The Nobur turns suddenly and walks through a door that Kai did not notice. The Nobur gestures and more of the lights spring to life. Inside seems to be another workroom. More tables and items are strung throughout the room. The Nobur heads for one of these tables and grabs a wand or rod of some sort and floats back to Kai.

"Are you sure this is what you want?"

Last edited by Leucistic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:37 am

KAI

What the hell!?!

The sudden transition, so unexpected, leaves Kai dizzy for a moment, though years of honing his coordination pay off as he manages to keep his feet, swaying ever so slightly for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 am

KAI

Kai doesn't hesitate, self-control starting to lapse for a moment.

"Yes, I cannot stand this feeling of having a.... hole inside of my very soul."

Kai quickly calms himself.

"Yes, this is what I want. I wish to be restored to how I was before part of me was ripped away, to regain that portion that was taken."

Kai looks at the Nobur speculatively.

"What is the price that I must pay?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:02 am

The shadows around the Nobur start to flare.

"Price! PRICE! Do you think the Nobur is not honorable? Do you think the Nobur wouldn't repay the favor granted to the traitor mage? No, the Nobur will honor the favor. There is no price to pay me, but you are the one who must work to gain what was lost."

Quick as thought, the Nobur extends the rod and touches Kai's forward with it.

Again Kai finds himself elsewhere. He is outside, back in the jungle, or a jungle.

The raspy voice of the Nobur floats into Kai's mind.

"Behind the door is what you seek. There are test beyond which will help you reach your goal. You must complete them to regain that which you lost."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 am

KAI

Kai thinks to himself, hoping the Nobur can hear him.

"Thank you. And I apologize for my words. I misunderstood and was not trying to imply that you are without honor."

Kai looks around, checking whether or not there is anything that even vaguely resembles a door.

Door? In the jungle?

Spot (1d20 + 17) = 18 + 17 = 35

Last edited by Cordenmg on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Searching the jungle thoroughly, Kai is not able to find anything resembling a door, but is able to find some cobblestone pieces imbedded into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 pm

KAI

Kai takes one of the belts from his pack and exchanges it for his own, thumbing each of the three gems, one at a time.

Healing (2d8) = 10
Healing (2d8) = 8
Healing (2d8) = 15

Once restored to full health, Kai places the belt back in his pack and dons the original that was used in the fight. If the cobblestone pieces seem to form some sort of path, Kai will cautiously follow it, keeping alert for threats.

Last edited by Cordenmg on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:26 am

Fully revived, Kai follows his instincts, and the trail, as best he can. The going is slow as the trail is greatly overgrown, but Kai is able to follow it until it disappears completely.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:54 pm

KAI

Kai takes a look around at the surrounding area, checking if there are any indications of a way through the overgrowth.

Search (1d20 + 9 + 10) = 7 + 9 +10 = 26

Last edited by Cordenmg on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:52 am

Searching around, Kai realizes that the cobblestone "pathway" stops at a large piece of stone that doesn't match the surrounding ground. The undergrowth had covered any signs of it.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:54 pm

KAI

Using his primary blade (with the acid crystal), Kai attempts to clear the overgrowth from the stone to get a better look at it.

Curious, I wonder what this is.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Kai works at clearing the underbrush and finds the stone is definitely different then the surrounding dirt ground. The stone is cut to match the ground (actually receding into the ground somewhat over time) and is approximately 5 feet square.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:38 pm

KAI

Kai taps his sword against the stone. If there is no reaction, he will check the stone for traps. If there are no traps found, Kai will run his hands over the stone, checking for any catches or other indications that the stone may be an entrance of some sort.

Search (1d20 +9 +10) = 5 + 9 + 10 = 24

Last edited by Cordenmg on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Kai finds a release latch cleverly hidden as a root in the dirt next to the stone door. He also doesn't find a trap on the door.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:41 pm

KAI

Kai will stand to the side of the door and trigger the release latch. He is prepared for something to come either jumping out of the door or for something to happen outside of the door and is tensed to tumble out of the way. Assuming that the door does not open on its own, Kai will open the door after triggering the release latch.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Kai pulls the latch, unsure of what will happen. For a few tense seconds nothing happens and then a pressure is released from around the stone and it slowly lifts up at an angle. Kai slowly moves over to take a closer look and finds a set of stone stairs going down. The air coming from the newly opened hatch is putrid and cold.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:00 pm

KAI

Wonderful, as if the chill wasn't enough, now there are oh-so-pleasant aromas with it.

Kai carefully begins to move down the stairs, paying close attention to everything around him, wary of ambushes or traps.

Tests, huh? Well let's see what kind of tests there are.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Kai finds that while the Shadowvision allows him to view the Plane of Shadow as if he were in his own plane, darkness is still darkness and Kai is unable to see the bottom of the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:38 pm

KAI

Kai pulls the everburning torch out of his pack and holds it before him. He will then cautiously proceed down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:29 am

The light from the torch allows Kai to see the bottom of the stairs, but little beyond. The entire complex seems to be made from carved or worked stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Plane of Shadow   The Plane of Shadow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Plane of Shadow
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: