DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:35 pm

(Disclaimer: Okay guys, I promised an update to Joeshmoe tonight, but I'm exhausted and drunk, so I don't promise this will be coherent. If it isn't, I'll update the update tomorrow. BTW, how's the music I chose working for you guys? I feel music's a great way to set the tone for dramatic situations. Anywho ...)

Modis realizes these men are professional riders, adept at controlling their mounts so that they minimize damage taken in combat. Focusing on the rider will be the easiest way to defeat them in combat.

Brudegan's bold maneuver catches Nikolai off guard, but the bandit lord dodges with uncanny reflexes. Standing 6'4" and weighing well over 200lbs, Nikolai Frostmore is an immensely powerful human. Brudegan is knocked back as he collides with Nikolai, who merely grunts at the impact. Still, Brudegan is now in melee with bandit lord, who is wielding nothing but a shortbow.

Tyrian hits the second rider, but he too dodges with uncanny reflexes. The attack catches him in the gut, harming the man but not fatally injuring him.

(All three foes have the uncanny dodge special quality, making it so they are never considered flat-footed. Nikolai cannot make an attack of opportunity against Brudegan because he is wielding a ranged weapon, but soundly defeats the fighter/rogue in a test of strength. Tyrian doesn't deal sneak attack damage against Nikolai's second Raider because of the uncanny dodge special quality, but still deals a solid blow against the man.)

(Enemy actions and updated map will be posted tomorrow.)

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Nikolai glowers at Brudegan, cautiously backing up his mount towards the injured raider. He casts a spell and the raider's wound heals, forcing the arrow out in the process. He looks over to Tyrian and scowls. "These so called 'champions' were once my allies," he informs the raiders. He then glances to each of his henchmen. "I want them alive," Nikolai shouts, "Remember, no killing while you're in my employ."

The raiders nod and flank Brudegan. The one who was injured lets out a howl as he enters a rage. Both hack at Brudegan with their battleaxes, but only the raging attacker hits. Brudegan receives a deep wound, one that pierces his armor and causes blood to flow.

(Nikolai backs up 5ft and casts a cure spell on R2. R1 & R2 flank Brudegan. R2 begins raging as a result of being injured the previous round. He hits Brudegan for 12 damage. Yeah, ouch.)

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 am

Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 am

Modis moves to G21 and attacks R2 with his Katana.

Attack roll: 16+6=22

Damage roll: 2+4=6

Last edited by KevinNightfire on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:55 am

Brudegan tumbles to I19 (i19 this font sucks)

DC for AOO:
#1: 3
#2: 19

Brudegan than attacks R2 with his battle axe with flanking and sneak attack damage:
Attack roll: 14 + 5 +2(flanking) = 21
Damage: 5 + 2 + 5(sneak attack) = 12

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 am

"They aren't willing to use lethal force on us, let's do the same."

Tyrian moves to J20 and fires on Frostmore.
ATTACK: 1 +5: miss
Damage: 6

Last edited by maquise on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 am

Brudegan fails to effectively tumble past the first raider, but the man misses with his attack of opportunity. Brudegan deftly positions himself into a flanking position with Modis, returning the favor of burying a battleaxe deep into the second raider's body.

The second raider takes two wicked strikes from Modis and Brudegan as they team up against him. Nearly staggered, he yells out in pain. Meanwhile, Nikolai again moves his mount away from Brudegan and begins a war chant, inspiring courage in his henchmen. The first raider swings at Modis, while the second maneuvers his mount back towards Brudegan and attacks him again. The first raider hits his mark, with Modis taking moderate damage. Heeding Nikolai's words, the second attempts to hit Brudegan with flat of his axe and misses.

(AoO from R1 misses.)
(Nikolai moves to G18 and uses Inspire Courage +1.)
(R1 hits Modis for 4 damage.)
(R2 attempts for nonlethal damage and misses Brudegan.)

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:17 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:23 pm

"Wait, so we're NOT trying to kill them?"
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Brudegan tells Modis, "Knock them out."

Brudegan than attacks R2 with both his shield and his battleaxe to do nonlethal damage.

attack axe: 15 + 3 - 4 +2 = 16
damage axe: 7+2+1= 10

attack shield: 19 + 2 - 4 +2= 19
damage shield: 1+1+4= 6

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Tyrian straps his shortbow to his back, and draws his rapier.

((I think that's all I can do this turn.))
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 pm

(Sorry guys; work's wiped me out the past week.)

Brudegan knocks the enraged raider deep into unconsciousness. The man slumps in his saddle, dropping his axe to the ground. Nikolai moves beside the unconscious man's horse, pats it behind its ear, and gives a quick gesture. The horse bolts away at top speed, charging back across the bridge and away from the battle.

(Map will be posted shortly. I'm in town all weekend, so I'll be able to post regularly at least through Monday.)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 am

Brudegan curses under his breath as he sees the horse run away. He then moves behind Nikolai and stops at E19 in a flanking position behind R1 and swings with his axe to do nonlethal damage.

Attack: 17 +2 +5 -4 = 20
Damage: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:23 pm

(Since KevinNightfire is a family member, didn't act last round, and is probably currently busy with finals, I'll act for him this round to keep things moving. Once he gets a hold of me, he'll take over again. Also, we may have a new PC joining soon, after this battle.)

Modis performs a full attack action on R1.

Katana: 16 +4 =20; damage: 10+3 =13
Wakizashi: 14 +4 =18; damage: 6+1 =7

R1 slumps in his saddle as well. Now all that remains is Nikolai himself. He glowers furiously at the PCs.

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Tyrian moves upon Nikolai, and attempts to disarm him.

Tumble: 16 +3 = 19
Disarm: 18 + 2 =20

Last edited by maquise on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Nikolai's shortbow flies from his hands, landing adjacent to his horse. His eyes narrow as he stares down Marastrianna's champion. "Now why would you go and do that, Tyrian?" The bandit draws his battleaxe and maneuvers his horse away from his foe. "You know I'm better with this anyways."

(Map posted shortly.)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 am

Brudegan steps in behind Nikolai at G17 and says, "Nikolai, you should have never tried to step between me and my duty."

Brudegan then proceeds to strike Nikolai for nonlethal with his battleaxe.

Attack: 9 +5 -4 = 10
Damage: 2 +2 = 4

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:06 am

Modis steps up to G19.

"Hey, you gonna stand there blubbering over your loss like a child or actually try doing some damage for once?"
Intimidate check: 3+7=10
(... well, that figures)
(nevermind...)

Last edited by KevinNightfire on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:41 am

Tyrian moves to H18, and hits at Nikolai for nonlethal damage.

Tumble: 9 +3 =12
Attack 18 -3 =15
Damage: 2 +1 =3

Last edited by maquise on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:06 pm

(Since this is where the real battle begins: Battle Music)

Nikolai dodges the incoming attacks. Finding himself surrounded, he has his horse sidestep and dismounts. His motions are so fluid that neither Modis nor Brudegan can get an attack of opportunity in against him. "Your twisted sense of duty will undo us all!" The great man takes a deep breath and shouts ferociously. Charged with spiritual energy, the Kiai Shout resonates through the heroes' bodies, shaking them to their cores.

(Nikolai's horse moves to F18. Nikolai then dismounts, using the Ride skill to avoid attacks of opportunity from Modis & Brudegan. He then uses Kiai Shout. All PCs must make a DC 15 Will save versus fear. Regardless of their save, the PCs realize that Nikolai will be very difficult to overcome with nonlethal damage unless significant lethal damage is dealt to him first.)

Save: No effect

Fail: Shaken for 6 turns.

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 pm

TYRIAN'S WILL SAVE:12 +4 + 16

Last edited by maquise on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:11 am

Modis's Will Save: 5+6=11
(I believe that's right)

Last edited by KevinNightfire on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Brudegan's will save:
6 + 2 = 8

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next