DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Joeshmoe

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Brudegan asks Marastrianna, "Should we plan to take direct action against him, or is there a more creative way to handle him?"
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:45 am

Marastrianna sighs, "Nikolai has the support of the masses. He treats the commoners well and only steals from the wealthy." She thinks for a moment, "Let's wait for now. If he takes a more aggressive approach to his raids while I'm gone, you have my permission to pursue and apprehend him."

Everyone notices a guard enter the chamber as Marastrianna speaks. He stands patiently to the side, but is obviously agitated.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 pm

"We'll be vigilant," Tyrian says. "It is an honor to serve."

Tyrian then waits for the guard.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

The guard salutes the group and bows quickly to Marastrianna. "Pardon the interruption, my lady, but our seers are saying a large contingent of flying creatures are approaching the castle from the sea."

Marastrianna tilts her head to the side, "How odd; I'm not expecting any visitors today." She casually walks out onto the seaward balcony and looks towards the horizon. Suddenly, her face becomes a visage of horror. "By Bahamut ..."

From where the party is, they can't see anything.
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 am

Brudegan approaches the balcony quickly to see what has horrified Marastrianna.
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Tyrian follows. "What is it?"

Last edited by maquise on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Everybody sees only specks on the horizon, but Marastrianna's keen senses see much more. "Dragons. Lots of them." Her voice is monotone and her eyes stay glued to the approaching creatures. "This is very, very bad." Marastrianna steps back into her throne room and assumes her natural form. Towering above the party members, this gargantuan gold dragon is the largest any of you have ever seen in your lives. Marastrianna bellows a deep, low, rumbling alarm to everyone in the area. The sound shakes each of the PCs to their bones. Such a call could be heard for miles. "I have an important task for the three of you. I ... I honestly don't know how this encounter is going to end."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:11 am

Tyrian, quite shocked by the sudden change of events, says, "We'll do what we can. What do you need?"
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Modis mutters under his breath, "That's a lot of dots..."
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Brudegan joins Tyrian, "We will assist with any and all means necessary."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 am

Marastrianna resumes her human form and sits down on her throne. "I have a secret," she admits, "One that I have shared with no one on this plane, not even the three of you." She looks up at her champions, "I have a mate in Celestia. His name is Uriel, the Godflame, and he is a solar angel in the service of Bahamut. We have been together for decades, but evil creatures often use love as a weapon, so we've kept our relationship a secret." She pauses at this point, allowing the party to absorb the information.
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 am

Modis contemplates this new information,"So, this would mean... they've discovered something?"
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Marastrianna's face turns grim, "There is a child involved."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Tyrian listens, not commenting.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:57 am

"Solar angels and gold dragons are the most powerful champions of good in the multiverse," Marastrianna explains. "The product of such a union has the potential of being the strongest being in existence, short of the gods themselves. Mind you, this fact was an afterthought for Uriel and I. Our child was created out of our love for each other, not some desire to spawn an overpowering force of good." Marastrianna almost seems like she's trying to rationalize having a child with Uriel. Whether she's doing it for the party or herself is unclear.

"However," she continues, "The fact remains that our child represents a significant threat to each and every evil being." She points out towards the advancing figures. They are now big enough to make out colors. A larger red dot appears to be leading a swarm of black and white dots towards the tower. "Hence this attack. How they came to discover my child's existence is beyond me, but it's clear they come to snuff her life before she even hatches." Marastrianna removes one of the necklaces she's wearing and holds it out for one of the party members to take. "This is the key to the adamantine doors of my lair. In it you will find my child. You need to get her away from here at all costs. You will also find a talisman warming the egg. You must take the talisman as well; without it, the egg will not survive."
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 am

"The egg will not be harmed while I draw breath," Tyrian responds. "How much time do we have?"
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:43 am

"I swear to guard that egg with my life," Brudegan replies, "But who will help you, my lady, when those evil beings get here."
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 am

Marastrianna looks sadly at Brudegan, "Air elementals guard the approach to my tower. Even now I am sure they battle against the attackers. They won't hold, however, and once they fall, I alone will face the menace." The gold dragon gets to her feet and transforms back into her glorious natural form. "Do not underestimate my power. I have fought against countless demons and devils in my lifetime, and I have never known my equal. Even if I fall today, I will decimate their numbers and give you a real chance to escape." Having mustered her courage, she turns to the party, "But you must leave now. Somehow, someway, you must make your way to Celestia. Uriel and the forces of heaven will protect my child there until she is strong enough to defend herself." Roars can be heard in the distance, "Go, my champions!"
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Brudegan says as he is leaving, "May Kord protect us." Brudegan then runs to Marastrianna's lair to retrieve the egg and the talisman.

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:23 pm

(I need to know what everyone else is doing. Does everyone follow Brudegan?)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Tyrian is right behind Brudegan.
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:04 pm

"Yes, lets move"
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Brudegan reaches the door which leads to Marastrianna's lair. He swiftly unlocks the door and continues inside.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Brudegan is confronted with an enormous, glittering pile of coins, jewels, and weaponry. The room is completely covered with wealth, making the ground very uneven. Three balconies lead into the lair, which makes it seem odd that Marastrianna would bother with a locked adamantine door. Then you realize that the balconies are hanging precipitously over the crashing waves hundreds of feet below. With air elementals guarding the skies, Marastrianna evidently didn't fear an aerial thief.

Unfortunately, with the air elementals occupied, it would appear that a pair of white wyrmlings has made their way into the room before the party. The two tiny creatures are fighting over trinkets as Brudegan opens the door, but his arrival focuses their attention on the unwelcome guests.

(Yay, battle time! Everyone roll initiative. Unfortunately, I haven't had any time to learn how to use the map-making site online. I go back to work tomorrow morning, so it looks like it might be a bit before we can actually start the battle.)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Init:8 +3= 11

Last edited by maquise on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next