DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Onna
Race: Grey Elf

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Nikolai dodges both of Modis' attacks. "You're the worst of all," he comments to the warrior-priest, "A life dedicated to a lord and god is pointless. Have you no dreams? No desires? Are you alive at all?!" With that, Nikolai makes another sweeping blow with his axe. However, Tyrian lands a glancing blow and Chayli comes charging in, biting Nikolai as he swings. The barbarian winces for a moment and Modis' armor is able to deflect the barbarian's attack.

(Nikolai takes 3 lethal damage this round.)

Nikolai's Damage Taken: 23 lethal +10 nonlethal

Last edited by Yogge Mothi on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 pm

The member 'Yogge Mothi' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 7
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:02 am

(um, how much health does this guy even have? not sure whether to do lethal or non...)
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:07 am

(A lot, do lethal this round.)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 am

Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 pm

"You want to know what I get from this? Protection. A good life. Assurance that my loved ones and I will be safe from evil. All you have are lawmen and beasts that would see you dead."

Modis side-steps over to G18 and slashes at Nikolai with both swords.

Katana: Attack: 18+4+2-2=22 Damage: 3+4=7
Wakizashi: Attack: 18+4+2-2=22 Damage: 2+3=5

Total Damage= 12

Last edited by KevinNightfire on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 pm

The member 'KevinNightfire' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 18, 18

#2 'd10' : 3

#3 'd6' : 2
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Strategy from the DM
A note about 2-handed fighting:

(KevinNightfire, just to clarify, the damage modifiers given in your character sheet [+4 for your katana & +3 for your wakizashi] are for when you're wielding only that weapon. When you wield both, the modifiers are +3 for your katana [=Modis' Strength modifier] and +1 for your wakizashi [=1/2 Modis' Strength modifier, rounded down]. So, you'll deal 9 total damage to Nikolai this round. The advantage of wielding both is a better chance to score critical hits and more consistent damage each round. The disadvantage is reduced attack and damage for each individual strike.)
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 am

(ooooohh... it doesn't tell you that...)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

"Mother of all, end this!"

ATTACK:15 +1 (+5-4) = 16
Damage:2 +5 Sneak attk = 7

Last edited by maquise on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

The member 'maquise' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 15

#2 'd6' : 2, 5
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 pm

(Masquise, might i point out that Modis is currently standing imbetween you and Nikolai, and unless you qualify for flanking you don't get sneak attack.)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

((I'm flanking with Chayli, though))
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 pm

(you still cant shoot an arrow through a person.)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:14 pm

((I missed that. I sidestep to H17 before I shoot, I guess)
Back to top Go down
Joeshmoe

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 am

Chayli bites again, her mouth is too busy to say anything.

Attack: 20+10+6=36
Damage: 3x2= 6

Last edited by Joeshmoe on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 am

The member 'Joeshmoe' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 20

#2 'd4' : 3
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:00 pm

(Maquise, you can't get a flank with a ranged weapon like a bow. However, the deed is done. Congrats guys.)

(Consider this the cinematic cut scene at the end of the chapter.)

Nikolai stumbles backwards, dropping his axe and shield. He looks at Modis in desperation. "I never wanted this," he mumbles. He then glances to the left, "Tyrian, you know me. I wouldn't plan this. I wouldn't DO this! It was supposed to be a theft, not a murder." He holds out his arms, palms open, "I never wanted Marastrianna's blood on my hands!"

Just then, in a moment of irony that would make any god of justice smirk, a splatter of gold blood falls from the sky and coats Nikolai's hands. He screams in agony as the searing blood burns and blisters his skin and flesh. Before anyone can react, a multi-hued mass of scales and wings crashes into the bridge right where Nikolai is standing. The bandit lord is catapulted off of the bridge, which cracks under the weight of the impact.

Amidst the chaotic struggle, Marastrianna spies her champions. She smiles and nods at the gestalts, then closes her eyes. Despite her grievous wounds, her expression is one of perfect calm. She tightens her grip on her assailants even as they tear into her flesh. Her massive tail whips about, fracturing the bridge and sending the mass of dragons plummetting towards the waves below. The bridge continues to crumble, giving Marastrianna's champions precious few seconds to react before the rock they're standing on crumbles.

(Tyrian and Modis, you have one round to react before you all fall. The doorway back into the tower is still blocked and the ramparts of the tower are crumbling as well. You WILL fall next turn. Brudegan lays unconscious on the ground. Chayli uses her round to fly full-speed at the Bag of Holding, catching it before it falls.)
Back to top Go down
maquise

maquise

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Tyrian shouts at Modis, "Get Brudegan! You can help him; there's little I can do!" He then sprints for the land-end of the bridge.
Back to top Go down
KevinNightfire

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:30 am

Modis dashes over to Brudegan and slings him over a shoulder.
Modis mutters,"Don't worry buddy, we're getting out of here."
He then turns and rushes for the land side of the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Yogge Mothi

Yogge Mothi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:19 pm

(Sorry for the delay guys; I haven't had internet for the past few days.)

As the champions try to make their way across the bridge, it completely collapses, sending everyone who can't fly plummeting downward. The impact of falling into the surf knocks everyone unconscious, but Marastrianna's final attack caused most of the material to fall before her gestalts, so none are struck by falling debris.

(This is the end of Chapter 1. Please continue posting in Chapter 2.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower   DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DG Chapter 1: Fall of the Golden Tower
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11