DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fight or Flight?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 am

KAI

Kai addresses the dwarf.

"You've seen the pace at which the rest of us move through this place. Do you truly feel that we can outrun them?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 am

KORWIN

Korwin hops down off of Krod's back and stretches his arms and legs. Looking at the hill within the clearing, it seems to be the most defensible position he's seen so far.

"Considering that howl keeps getting closer, I say we stand here and fight. We can have an elevation advantage, clear lines of fire for spells or arrows, some natural cover to hide behind. This looks good to me, and we won't be dragged down from behind as we try to run through unfamiliar jungle territory. Let's make sure we set up a defensive perimeter with escape routes through the shrubs if needed."

"I don't like to make the decisions for everyone, but I feel like we are running out of time either way. The longer we stay still, the quicker the enemy is upon us. I feel like we can only delay the arrival of the enemy by continuing to run. Here is my proposed plan..."

"Lilas, find some cover at the top of the hill and hide behind it. You will have the advantage of elevation to rain down any spells on our foe. Krod, you should attempt to get behind some cover at the base of the hill, but as large as you are, that's probably not going to be completely effective, and that's good. You're the bait. We want the enemy to come after you, but not be able to get to you too easily. Kai, it seems you've got some abilities in stealthiness. Perhaps you should position yourself within 20 or 30 feet of Krod so as to catch the enemy from the flank if they attack Krod. Be well hidden if you can and surprise them. Archer? If you would take position at the top of the hill with Lilas, you can provide some covering fire against the enemy. As for me, my plan is to hide in the woods on the outskirts of the clearing. The enemy will probably expect us all to make a stand here. I plan on hopefully catching them from behind and being the "hammer" against Krod's "anvil" if you take my meaning. Weaken the enemy with arrows and spells before they get to Krod, I sneak up behind while Kai comes in on the flank and we crush them between us."

"If anyone has any other thoughts, please speak up quickly..."

I hope there aren't too many of them. I think right now it's only the wolf rider, but his flying fiend could be coming with him...

"One more thought. If it's only the wolf rider coming after us, that's one thing, but if he also has the flying fiend with him, ware the sky. Make sure we're not taken unawares from above. And let's not forget there was a third one that is probably some kind of spellcaster. Depending on who and how many show up, I'm going to try to take out the spellcaster first. Those on top of the hill, keep an eye to the sky, and Krod and Kai, be careful of the wolf rider."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

Looking to Kai, the dwarf replies, "I wouldn't offer the choice if it weren't possible. Now quickly, decide."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

KORWIN

Korwin pauses for a moment, still feeling a bit fatigued and rummages through his haversack. Frustrated, he looks up and asks quietly, "Does anyone have any ability at healing? I find myself a bit banged, bruised, and otherwise not quite myself. If we're going to be facing combat again, I'd like to face it with full vitality and health if possible. Though Kai, you're a bit worse than I am, and Krod took those nasty bites from the gryphon... " Turning his attention to the archer, Korwin asks him "Would you be willing to part with a potion or two with healing properties?"
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

KROD

Krod looks at the archer and then turns to Korwin with a big grin on his face. "Krod fight?," he asks. Then his face becomes devoid of all expression and turning back to the archer says, "Krod no run. Krod fight. Fight here."

LILAS

Lilas rolls her eyes at the big brute and sighs, "Fine. We fight."

Looking up, she contacts her familiar, Keep watch little one, let us know how many enemies approach, and from which direction. Stay away from them and don't get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am

KROD

Krod reaches up, grabs his spiked chain and unfurls it from his torso, the blades flashing in the afternoon sun as the weapon snakes out, ready to lash out at his command. Krod turns, and readies himself at the bottom of the hill facing back the way the party has just come from.

Watching the jungle for any sign of the enemy and listening to Korwin Krod catches a few words he knows 'healing', 'banged up'. A nagging thought flirts with the edge of his conscious then he finally grabs it and his eyes glance down to a wide, stiff leather bet he is wearing. The belt holds 3 black pearls in an arc above the buckle. Krod reaches down and pushes one pearl. A barely discernable swirl of light blue mist seems to erupt from the circumference of the belt, bathing him momentarily in it's glow. After the glow fades his wounds seem lessened and the pearl is now white. Krod glances at his cuts and pushes a second pearl with the same effect.

((using 2 charges from healing belt for 2d8 twice - using WoTC cuz invis castle is under seige again))
1st charge: Roll(2d8)+0:8,6,+0 Total:14
2nd charge: Roll(2d8)+0:4,5,+0 Total:9
((total 23 healing from belt))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am

KORWIN

Korwin chuckles and hisses at Krod loudly enough to be overheard on purpose, "Psst! Krod! I was trying to see if we could get any FREE healing without having to use our own resources at the moment." Sighing loudly with a grin on his face a shrug of his shoulders, Korwin reaches down to his own belt and depresses one black stone. A brief flash of blue energy envelopes him and then dissipates. When it is gone, Korwin stretches and removes the spiked chain hanging at his belt.

"I guess it's time to fight, then. I'm off into the woods at the edge of the clearing. Good hunting everyone!"

Healing Belt

Roll(2d8)+0:
8,1,+0
Total:9

Hide

Roll(1d20)+27:
9,+27
Total:36

(( If we were traveling north and the clearing is roughly circular, then I will be hiding on the western side of the clearing, 90 degrees from our original path of travel, with the intention of circling back behind the enemy once they arrive in the clearing ))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

KAI

"I think that is a suitable plan. If the robed one is indeed a spellcaster, I have trained for much of my life to.... neutralize that type of foe. I can provide a measure of assistance to hopefully eliminate him quickly. As for the flyer, I am limited in what I can do against him as ranged combat is not necessarily my forte'."

Kai pushes one of the pearls on the belt that he has, similar in appearance to Krod's, allowing the magic to ease the pain of the bruises and minor burns that he has sustained as the faint glow settles over and then into his body.

1 charge of 3: (2d8) = 6+4=10 total

With a nod to the others, Kai heads off to his designated position, approximately 20 feet from Krod and settles in to hide.

Hide (1d20+14) 13+14-2=25

((Kai will attempt to hide in a position that will allow him to shift into place either flanking across from Krod or Korwin, depending on the circumstances. I assume that will likely be the eastern side.))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 am

LILAS

Lilas glares as the ranger finally turns out to be a dwarf, but he's a dark skinned dwarf? As he states the options, Lilas laughs.

"Interesting, you call it as if it's something unfamiliar, probably were-wolf? No? Wolf-rider, I hardly doubt that Korwin, after all, they hunt in packs, we have only heard one howl and were-wolves are solitary hunters. Now, the bounty hunters? I can handle, if they're flying, they're gonna be sorry they're flying."

Lilas turns her head and her cat-like amythest eyes focus on Korwin as he speaks, and Lilas nods in agreement.

"Agreed, you have a knack for finding and knowing your attack abilities, bonuses, by using topography, I am most impressed, Korwin."
With that, Lilas would move into the position she was told to be at, and as her familiar lands on her shoulder, Lilas slightly shakes her head at her.

"Nope, Amy, you are to go to the skies and stay invisible as you look out for anybody flying or coming, tell me if you sense them so only stay 60 ft above me please."

Her familiar answers in nuzzling her on the cheek before flapping and flying off, automatically disspearing as she takes off.

"My vote is fight, I believe we can take a single were-wolf out with ease."

It seems as if the strange elven female was stubborn in her opinion, this was definitely a were-wolf to her opinion, and nothing was going to change it till it was seen.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 am

KAI

As Kai moves off from the group, he shakes his head to himself.

A werewolf?!? Where did she come up with that one?

Kai sighs quietly to himself.

Casters, go figure.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

Listening to the group, the dwarf nods at the final decision. “Well, even if we wanted to run, you all talked yourselves out of that possibility. And no, I have nothing which to provide you to heal yourselves. I suggest we make ready. The path up the hill was rigged by me. I had prepared this spot and many more throughout the jungle in case I met with the vreshka. While none of the barricades will stop Nar or Pisar, Silar will have problems getting through.”
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

Fight or Flight? Bounty11
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

Clearly having decided on battle, the dwarf makes a few things known. “I have fought these vreshka before, so be wary. Nar is the flier. The jungle is too thick for him to move through, so he will come from the sky, if he comes. Silar is the wolf-rider. Up close he appears orcish, but be fooled not. He carries the same dragon’s blood his brothers do. His wolf was altered by Abjuran specially for him. It is more vicious and more intelligent than your normal wolf. Pisar is the mage. I have not yet met him in battle. He usually cleans up after his brothers make a mess. He runs from direct confrontation.”

While each are discussing their placement on the field of battle and the upcoming fight, the dwarf moves fluidly off towards the southwest slightly. Pulling his cloak back from his hips, he pulls two tiny crossbows out from his belt, one in each hand. As the party continues to discuss strategy, the dwarf fades into the shadows. Lilas and Krod quickly lose sight of the dwarf before he says, “I am ready.” The party notices that he has quickly climbed a tree and is sitting in the lower branches, cloak and jungle both masking him from those who wouldn’t know any better.

Korwin quickly moves to his chosen position, as does Kai. Lilas makes her way up the hill, noticing that the underbrush and shrubs are clearly designed and not naturally placed. At the top of the hill, a single bush with bright red berries sits, undisturbed and out of place. Krod guards the only obvious path up the hill, standing in front of it as if it were the gate to the monastery, spiked chain in hand, ready for battle.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

KORWIN

Korwin looks each person in the eye, trying to assess their fortitude for the coming battle. Satisfied with what he sees, he moves off into the trees. (( I'd like Korwin to be located at B-10, exactly 30' in a straight line from anyone that occupies the square directly in front of Krod, unless you're going to count that first square as 1/4 movement, in which case, I'll need to be in C-10 )) Quickly drawing his Cloak of Gnomish Kind about him, he blends into the underbrush with nary a sound, waiting for the bounty hunters to show up.

Hide (1d20+27=31)
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

KAI

((Kai will set himself up at M10 so that he can reach a flanking position, either across from Korwin or across from Krod for any target directly in front of Krod))

Hide (1d20+(14-2)=22)

Kai waits to see how the battle will play out, ready to activate his cloak again if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

As the party settles in to the locations they desire, a silence covers the jungle. No birds or animals can be heard, just your own breathing. Minutes go by and nothing, no sounds at all.

Suddenly another howl is heard throughout the jungle, so close your ears ring. You hear the sound of a large creature pushing underbrush and trees to the side as it makes it way speedily north. Then nothing.

Silence yet again. Poised and tense for combat, the intervening minutes crawl by and seem like hours.

Then again, you hear sounds coming from the south, but this time, instead of the sounds of pursuit, you hear the sounds of stalking movement. A twig broken here, the whistle of a branch returning to position there. The sounds seem to be moving eastward, away from the party.

Maybe a fight isn’t necessary after all.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

KORWIN

Korwin remains hidden and quiet, not trusting that the pursuit has completely missed them.

They probably know we're in this clearing and hope to catch us unawares and relaxed if we believe they've bypassed us. Well I'm not moving. I can be VERY patient, and this seems like a good time to exercise that patience.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

KROD

Krod remains motionless as the minutes drag on, seeming not to care, but still poised for combat if it comes to that.

Krod wish dog hurry and get here so we can fight

Last edited by Leucistic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 am

LILAS

ilas attempts to get a rough location of the movement to the east and launches a fireball in that direction.

Damage: Roll(6d6)+0: 6,3,6,3,6,3,+0 Total:27

"Come out and fight you cowards!" she shouts at the jungle growth, a sly grin forming on her face.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 am

KAI

Kai stays hidden, peering carefully around as he listens to the sounds. At Lilas' reaction, Kai cringes slightly.

Well, if they didn't know where we are they sure do now...

He watches and listens for sounds of the stalker approaching, ready to activate his cloak or boots if need be.

Search (1st roll - 1d20-2+bonus) Lisen (2nd roll - 1d20-2+bonus) I don't have my sheet Jake so if you could add the bonus I would greatly appreciate it. (1d20-2=16, 1d20-2=0)
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty

KORWIN

Korwin doesn't move a muscle, even when the WHOOSH from the fireball goes streaking into the trees. Instead, with all of the normal sounds of the jungle strangely quiet in the aftermath, Korwin focuses his attention on listening for any abnormal sounds in the viciinity.

So much for any ambush. I think they know we're here.

Listen (1d20+10=28)

Not wanting to actively crane his neck or move his head, Korwin instead relies on spotting anything out of the ordinary in his field of view, his attention mainly focused on Krod and the fireball throwing Lilas on the top of the hill.

Spot (1d20+16=32)
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 am

Lilas, focusing on sound to determine the location of the bounty hunter, points her finger to the southeast and let’s fly her ball of fire. The pebble sized missile streaks to the southeast with unerring accuracy.

Kai, facing away from Lilas and hidden, feels a spell being prepared. As he attempts to search for the stalking hunter, the fire pebble shoots past his head about 5 feet from him.

No, she couldn’t possible do that to me twice in the same day!, Kai thinks.

The pebble disappears into the forest. Kai is close enough to realize that it won’t make it very far in just as the pebble hits a tree in the path Lilas has designated, exploding in fury and drenching the forest in fire.

((Kai, need a reflex check. Afterwards I will need another hide check. Or you can forgo the reflex check and stay hidden.))

The foliage quickly catches fire and, being densely packed, spreads quickly to outlying areas. Smoke starts to waft into the air in bunches, sending a clear signal to anybody above the tree line exactly where the action is happening.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 am

Kai attempts to determine what spell is being cast but is unable to do so.

Spellcraft to detect spell (1d20+(11-2)=13)

Kai attempts to dodge behind the tree, placing it between him and the explosion.

Reflex Save (1d20+(8-2)=26)

As the flames die away, Kai attempts to hide himself again, in foliage that is not on fire.

Hide (1d20+(14-2)=27)

Kai takes a few deep, quiet breaths to calm himself.

I need to have a talk with that sorceress...
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am

KORWIN

Korwin scowls as Lilas launches the fireball, igniting the surrounding jungle in flames.

I hope the jungle is too green and wet to burn well.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 am

KROD

Seeing the fireball explode, Krod readies himself ((Ready in Action)) to attack the first quadraped or trip the first bi-ped entering his range.

Krod think he likes Lilas. She likes to fight too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fight or Flight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight or Flight?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: