DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fight or Flight?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:39 am

Kai nods his assent to Korwin's suggestion.

"That sounds like a good idea to me. I suggest that we tough out the fatigue that most of us are feeling and make haste to this elven encampment."

Kai assumes a position behind the rest of the group, watching the surrounding jungle.

"I am ready when the rest of you are."

An hour, maybe two... then I can finally rest.

Kai shakes off his exhaustion for the moment and readies to move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Krod takes the haversack with a nod and ties it off to his own, larger one. "Krod ready to rest but elff camp sound better." Krod stretches, then takes a few moments to clean his weapon before he snakes it out, then with a particular twist and yank it coils itself around his torso, left shoulder to right hip, with all the spikes pointed out in neat coils.

Krod be ready for dragon when he come back

((Dave would prefer to NEVER seen any description of anyone's bowel movements ever again lol))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 pm

The party heads out, following the dwarf towards the elf encampment.

((You can RP with the dwarf and/or each other if you like, or we can fast forward to the elf encampment.))
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:13 pm

As the group travels through the jungle, Kai speaks to Korwin.

"That is an interesting weapon that the two of you wield. I've not seen it's like before. If you don't mind me asking, where would one learn to wield such a thing?"

As he speaks, Kai continues to scan the jungle around him for enemies.
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Almighty GM

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:05 pm

KORWIN

Dragging his feet through the underbrush in his fatigue, Korwin replies, "I learned of it from Krod. He used to guard the monastery gates where I grew up as an orphan. I'd watch him trip people with it all the time... those that were trying to get in without permission, and those that were trying get out without leave. He was a VERY effective gate guard."
Back to top Go down
https://dndgw.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Krod grins at Korwin and tugs at his spiked chain, "Krod like chain, good to fight or trip." Plodding onward Krod settles his countenance into one of patience.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:20 pm

"It's definitely an interesting style to watch in action. My own weapons do not have nearly the range or versatility."

I wonder how much further it is....

"A monastery, huh? Sounds like a pleasant place to grow up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Nodding to Kai Krod replies.."Father Krisp helped me as boy after I destroy his gate at mon-a-stairy. He teach me oh-beady-ince and how to wait long time. Father Krisp dead now." Krod's face momentarily saddens at the fairly recent memory of Krisp's death.

Krod hope he meat Father Krisp's killer some day
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:02 pm

KORWIN

Korwin winces as he recalls his early years at the orphanage, "Not so much. I was different. And a LOT smaller than everyone else, so I got bullied. A lot. Krod got teased because of his size, and so did I, but I was a much easier target."

Chuckling at the memory, Korwin continues, "Krod and I are an odd, mismatched pair, but it works well for the both of us. I try to be the brains, and he... well, he is quite obviously the brawn. He keeps me out of physical danger, and I try to make sure that together we make good decisions and choices, keeping us out of "mental" danger, so to speak."

This latest escapade didn't work out too well for either of us. Now we just need to find a way to stay alive in this strange land.

Last edited by mfwalsh on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Krod nods his agreement, grins and claps korwin on the back in a gesture of friendship that almost summersaults him forward before he regains his balance
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Kai chuckles quietly to himself as he watches the two companions.

"I'm sure that things were better once you found each other as friends."

Kai's eyes show a momentary flicker of.... regret. In the blink of an eye it is gone, Kai's face returned to the normal neutral mask that he wears.

Oh Mira, if only I had worked harder, perhaps you'd still be here.

"You definitely seem to get along well. Did either of you know the sorceress.... Lilas? If so, I am sorry for your loss."

A dragon. Though its weird that it fled from four of us. Everything that I have ever heard would indicate it should have made short work of us.
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:44 am

KORWIN

Korwin stifles a mirthful snort, remembering where he is currently, "Oh yes. Krod and I are quite inseparable." The bones in Korwin's neck crack and pop as he strains to look up at the giant warrior. "I think we make a good team, he and I."

Korwin considers the sorceress and says, "No, I'd never met her before, and I'm fairly sure Krod hadn't either. We must have been abducted for SOME reason, but what that was, I don't know. Someone with her... talents... would probably have been quite useful." Korwin shrugs. "It seems for now that our paths lie along parallel tracks, and indeed, our very survival may depend on us travelling together for as long as we may."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:48 am

The party continues walking through the jungle at a leisurely pace, the dwarf guiding them with unerring determination. After an hour of walking, the group comes upon a small brook, full of fresh water.

"We will take a short break here before moving on. Refill your waterskins if you have a need. We leave in five minutes."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 am

Krod looks over at Kai and the dwarf and comments, "Krod like Lie Lass, but Krod not know her before, she fight good, Krod sad she gone to great battlefield." Nodding towards Kai he remarks, "Kai fight good too, he make team better."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:27 am

Kai takes his waterskin and fills it at the stream, taking some time to drink and refresh himself, splashing water on his face to cool himself down.

"Thank you Krod. And I agree, Lilas would have been a valuable asset had she survived."

Readjusting the straps on his pack, Kai patiently waits for the group to continue moving.

"Never figured that I would be plodding through a jungle. Definitely not the most friendly environment."
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 am

KORWIN

Korwin, thankful for the brief rest, rummages in his haversack for his Everfull Mug and speaking a soft command word upends the contents down his throat. He does this twice more and with his thirst slaked stows the mug in his haversack before splashing water all over his face and head. Vigorously shaking the water droplets off, he uncoils his spiked chain, and rinses it off in the stream. Drying each link on his trousers as he recoils it and hangs it on his belt, he stands up, ready to continue.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:09 am

With everybody's chores taken care of, the party heads back out. The party feels slightly refreshed after taking their first drink in days, although they are still sore and hungry. ((-1 to all rolls instead of -2 now))

((I take it the RP is over?))
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Continuing their walk towards the elven encampment, the party follows the dwarf with slow plodding steps, their weariness finally starting to overcome them as the adrenaline of battle and the fight for their lives wears off.

After an hour of step-by-step walking, just one foot in front of the other, the dwarf stops suddenly, his body tense. The party looks around but can see nothing out of the ordinary. Suddenly the dwarf relaxes and turns to the party.

“We have been found. They will guide us in the rest of the way.”

Within minutes a single elf appears near the dwarf, speaking in elven to the dwarf in low undertones. The party can barely hear what is said, although Krod cannot understand the language being spoken.

DM EDIT: Kai and Korwin check your personal IC threads.

The elf hands over long strips of black cloth to the dwarf and nods, before turning and disappearing into the jungle.

The dwarf sighs but returns to the party with the black cloth in his hands. “You must wear these,” he states, holding his hand out to Korwin. “We can go no further until you do.”
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Kai sighs quietly at the elf's words.

This is like home all over again...

Kai gestures for the blindfold.

"Hand it over, I have no reason to know how to get to this encampment. I don't even know where in the world I am at this point."

As the dwarf hands Kai the blindfold, he ties it around his head, ensuring that he is unable to see out from it. Once the blindfold is in place, Kai drops his hands to his sides, pretending that he is preparing for a mission, allowing calm to flood throughout his body.

"I am ready when you are."

In a whisperi, Kai mutters something to the dwarf in the same language that the elf was speaking.
Back to top Go down
mfwalsh
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 pm

KORWIN

Too tired to argue, Korwin takes the blindfold and ties it securely. Speaking in common so that Krod may understand, Korwin says,

"I have no need to wear one of these. I don't know where I started from. I don't know where I travel to. I'm a stranger in a strange land. If you say I'm untrustworthy, then point me in the direction of my homeland and I'll leave. For now, my companions and I have need of rest and sustenance. If I have to wear one of these to find such a small thing as food and a place to sleep, so be it. Why not tie my hands as well then? I've already been captured once, and now it appears I've been taken captive again."

Korwin snorts in disgust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:36 pm

Krod looks back and forth from the elf to Korwin. Taking the mask offered to him Krod nods at Korwin and says, "Krod wear mask, but Krod not tie hands."

Krod ties the blindfold over his eyes and comments, "Korwin this just like back at mon-a-stairy, we play hide and seek." Chuckling briefly at the memory Krod waits in stoic silence in the dark.

Krod not know why Korwin want hands tied, Krod want his hands free to fight
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:59 am

Speaking in common, the elf turns to Korwin at his words. "Bindings will not be necessary. We have over fifty arrows trained on us now. If you do something we don't like, you will be dead before you can use your hands. Plus, if you are trustworthy, this is our show of good faith. The eyes are just a precaution."

Turning away, the elf continues, "Are we ready?" Checking to see the party has placed the blindfolds on and cannot see, the party moves on.
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Please use the "Elven Encampment" thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight or Flight?   Fight or Flight? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight or Flight?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DnD Gaming World :: Campaigns :: Behind Enemy Lines IC-
Jump to: