DnD Gaming World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD Gaming World

A forum for play-by-post roleplaying gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Onwards

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet
Name: Nifi
Race: Halfling

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:11 am

Finalizing their separate tasks, the group meet back to Cas. An elven guard, assigned to watch the newcomer, bows his head in respect to Cas before leaving.

"Well, now that everybody is here I believe you all can begin. From what I can gleam from this map and from Iago's description of his travels once escaping, the home of the necromancer is around a day travel southwest. We had speculated this was the case, but having sound evidence is infinitely more helpful."

"Now, remember there is going to be a mass of undead there, and possibly some human and orc guards. We have seen a number of them already, zombies and skeletons being the most rampant. But don't forget there are spectres and wights. I have prepared spells for you that will last seventy two hours which will protect you from the draining abilities of the latter. This will only protect you from having your essense drained, but if they kill you, your spirit will still be made into one of them."

"And, as Kai can attest, there are the constructs, at least 3 remaining. These beasties are not to be trifled with. They are immune to most magic and heavily armored. As constructs they are not hurt by what hurts most undead. Again, these are not to be trifled with."

"Now, the map of the underground complex appears fairly basic. A square foyer area splits with three doors, one one each wall that's not the entrance. The door across from the entrance, which would be the north door, leads to a square room. I believe this room is where Iago was held, and contains two doors. The two other doors from the foyer have hallways that both turn north after a ways, eventually completing a circle with another square room containing four doors. But, each hallway has a door on the outside of the circle leading to rooms marked as "Feeding Grounds"."

"Further in there are rooms marked "C. Closet", "Work Room" and"
, sighing in exasperation, "Oh, just take a look at it." With that, Cas throws the map down on the table for all to see. ((See the map here.))
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:15 pm

"The C stands for Custodial," Iago adds helpfully.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet
Name: Kai

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 am

KAI

"Looks like fun. When do we start?"

In a more serious tone, Kai looks at Cas.

"Thank you for the protective magics. I do not relish having to go through that again any time soon."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

Cas remarks to the group, "You all should be equipped and ready, so you can make your way when you wish."

"But one last thing."

Taking three medallions out, he hands one to each person.

"These medallions are what you will use to summon me when you face the necromancer. They can only be activated when you are within 20 feet of the necromancer. These are not attuned to any specific person, so you all can use each others. They will not affect your normal amulets, so you can use them without worrying. You don't have to wear them. Just hold the amulet between your hands and speak the command word, "Ilian", and I will appear."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 am

KAI

As Kai slips the amulet into a convenient secured pocket, he jokingly mutters.

"Heh, I have a wizard in my pocket."

Immediately, Kai throws an innocent "what?" look at Cas when the ensuing glare (that he is sure is coming) falls upon him.
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:46 am

"Sounds fun. I think we have a way of detecting the necromancer in the event that he starts hiding..."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:09 am

KAI

Kai adjusts several straps, weapons, and other items around his person... a normal routine before heading off.

"Well, I'm ready when the two of you are."
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

"I'm as ready now as I'll ever be, unless I am ever in a position to command hordes of very angry barbarians, or wield magic powerful enough to destroy entire worlds."
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:11 pm

KAI

Kai chuckles at Iago's words, but it sounds slightly forced.

"Well, then as long as Rysmarin is ready, we may as well prepare to head out."
Back to top Go down
Leucistic

Leucistic

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:19 pm

The new group, prepared for their journey, heads off to the southwest. Tense due to the closeness of the enemy, each member keeps a watch out for anything out of the ordinary, while still attempting to banter lightly and get to know each other.

Almost half a day goes by without incident before the party notices a stillness to the air. The ambiant sounds of the jungle have stopped and the party can make out what appears to be the sound of metal on metal, punctuated by yelling in the common tongue.

Intrigued but cautious, the party moves towards the sound which is still to the southwest. The metal on metal continues to get louder, as does the yelling, which the party can now tell better is a mixture of common and dwarven, intersparsed. Coming upon a clearing the party is able to make out a small group of wights, undead which Kai has faced before, looking away from the party, surrounding some figure. All three wights attack, only to be repulsed with loud metal on metal sounds. Two wights fall, and the party notices that there are more corpses on the ground in this area, all that of undead.

Able to see better without the wights blocking the path, the party notices a heavy armor clad figure wielding an axe, with a shield in the other hand. The wight, unthinking except for its mission, attacks the figure yet again, only to meet the metal of the shield. The figure ...

((Phiktion to post, everybody else hold.))
Back to top Go down

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Jarili

The last Wight came on. But once again Jarili was able to fend it off with his shield. The shield, given to him by his grandfather, was still emblazened with his clans standard. A gold mountain with crossed axes cut out in the middle. Ready to dispatch the last foe, Jarili speaks a command word "Magga Camara." The shield faintly starts to glow a bluish white. He pulls his arm from the shields strap, but instead of falling to the ground the shield stays in place.

Jarili grabs his dwarven waraxe in two hands and rushes the wight. Yelling in dwarven his disdain for such unholy creatures he raises his axe above his head. He swings and as the axe makes contact with the wight a deafening clap of thunder is emitted. The wight, being hit so, turned to dust where it stood.

Jarili, quite proud of that last kill, wipes off his axe and grabs hold of his shield again. "Now that'd be one for the record books." He says to himself. Looking up, he notices the strangers walking out of the tree line. "Oy!" He exclaims, " who are ye and what business brings ya here?" He can see they aren't undead, but that doesn't mean he trusts them.

Last edited by phiktion on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm

"Would you believe that we are a traveling band of musicians?"

Bluff: 9+7= 16

Last edited by Solo on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm

The member 'Solo' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:43 am

KAI

Kai stifles a chucle at Iago's words and holds his tongue long enough to see how the dwarf reacts.
Back to top Go down

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Opposed Sense Motive Check: 15

Jarili looks at the stranger, just a little confounded. "Well, if ye say so. But I don't think this be the place for music." He shrugs his shoulders and turns away, looking for something else to fight.

Last edited by phiktion on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller of Dewm
Admin

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:44 pm

The member 'phiktion' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 pm

phiktion wrote:
Opposed Sense Motive Check: 15

Jarili looks at the stranger, just a little confounded. "Well, if ye say so. But I don't think this be the place for music." He shrugs his shoulders and turns away, looking for something else to fight.

"All the world's a stage, my good man."
Back to top Go down

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Jarili

He justs shrugs his shoulders again. "I still think ye're a buncha loonies. Trekking through the forest..." He trails off, still mumbling under his breath as he walks off.
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm

"But wait! Is it not the custom to introduce one's self as well, master dwarf?"
Back to top Go down

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Huh? Oh

Jarili turns around, hunches his shoulders and sighs. Pulling himself up he looks the troup squarly. I am Jarili Stoneaxe. Dwarven warrior, and Wielder of Thunder.
Back to top Go down
Solo

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:04 pm

"Is Thunder the ax's name, or do you wield lightening magic?"
Back to top Go down

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Thunder be th' axe. Twas crafted by me father. Imbued with the spirit of thunder and just as devastating.
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 am

KAI

"A mighty weapon from the look of it. So, Jarili was it? Bit far off the beaten path, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 pm

Jarili

Jarili looks at his feet and kind of turns away. I'm afraid I be a bit lost ya see. I've been wandering these stinking woods for three days!
Back to top Go down
Cordenmg

Character sheet

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:13 pm

KAI

"If you don't mind my asking, where are you coming from?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Onwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onwards   Onwards Icon_minitime